COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Downing St would prefer that the month-long new national measures for England, as listed below, are neither called “a lockdown” or “tier 4”. They see them as “tough new national measures” with “exit back to regional tiers”

Back into Tier 3? Andy Burnham will spontaneously combust!

What is all this encouraged / discouraged bullshit?

It is bollocks like this that cause the whole thing to fall down, so travel within the UK will be discouraged, so I can basically travel wherever I want and nobody has the authority to stop me. What a waste of time. Exercise and recreation will be encouraged? so I could book to play golf 100 miles away in England while at the same time being discouraged from travelling there?

The Government need to grow the balls put put policies in place and then give the authorities the powers to enforce them.

If they close golf courses as well as pubs then I’m going full Guy Fawkes, apt timing. Knowing my luck Bojo will be on holiday in Florida with his dad when it blows.

I still struggle that Schools and Gyms were amongst the final things allowed to reopen after the initial lockdown but have been allowed to remain open in the tier 3 restrictions.

Just seems to me that there is no plan whatever and they are changing policy with the wind.

Schools I don't agree but definitely colleges and universities because they can do it all online anyway.

If you live near any of these then you'll see why it's spreading freely amongst 16-21 year olds.
There may have been an argument for them not going. But now they are there and all together , migrating them all back home to there families at the start of a lockdown would be mad. If there is any still in the student population best keep it there ,not move it about.
Spreading amongst students wasn’t the problem it was them then taking it into pubs and the general population, with most hospitality now shut that risk has diminished.

I still struggle that Schools and Gyms were amongst the final things allowed to reopen after the initial lockdown but have been allowed to remain open in the tier 3 restrictions.

Just seems to me that there is no plan whatever and they are changing policy with the wind.
Course they haven't, they haven't got a scobby what they're doing. I could have done a better job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.