COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more information on how long it lasts. It sounds like you'll still have to isolate in some form between doses because it needs 2 doses to work?

Plus, I'd like them to be transparent and share their data on side effects, immune responses and organ function for each patient during the length of the trial.

Hopefully the positive talk translates into safe, measurable protection against the virus.
Why would you need to self isolate between doses?

More a German/Turkish study than Pfizer, they simply are manufacturing it

FDA's mandates a threshold for a vaccine of at least 50% efficacy in placebo controlled trials so despite results of initial 94 patients, 90% is something to be excited about with the 2-dose trial vaccine in the Phase III analysis - importantly, no serious safety concerns yet noted

Promising preliminary results no question

Last edited:
Of course, don't want to take that away from anyone.

On a side note, is it possible for them to identify the weakness in this vaccine that stops it being 100% effective and perhaps see if another vaccine, if they were teamed together, could cover all the bases? Or potentially at least say if you're from population x you need vaccine a, and population y you need vaccine b? One for those more well versed on these matters than myself.
I’m on a vaccine trial and there was a discussion going at the last appointment as to what happens if another vaccine comes on the market sooner (this is due to finish trials November 2021). We were told the trial will continue as multiple vaccines will be needed and some may be more effective than others in different parts of society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.