Let's face it the current tiers are lockdown version 3
Just with a different name.
The cure is worse than the disease.
This government will never be forgiven.

Let's face it the current tiers are lockdown version 3
Just with a different name.
The cure is worse than the disease.
This government will never be forgiven.

politics thread please for your constant criticism and ill informed sniping at our hard working, significant working majority, elected government (still in the lead in recent polls) and who have offered the third most comprehensive support package during covid of any country in the world. Testing more people than anywhere in Europe and invested in 355 million vaccines (More per capita than any single country in the world) and led by a charismatic man doing his best to keep positive and keep everyone’s spirits up. (supported by the wonderful chancellor)

Ps - check out the Boris Johnson supporters page on Facebook. I have been made a moderator this week! Len rum has just joined although I have had to ban him from the Jacob Rees Mogg appreciation society pages as that went above his head.

Last edited by a moderator:
politics thread please for your constant criticism of our hard working, significant working majority, elected government (still in the lead in recent polls)

Fair enough doesn't mean to say I have to like them

They found about 700 people from almost 250,000 tests on Merseyside which sounds like a logistical nightmare but if you take 700 people out of transmission chains that's quite significant ( if the R is 1 then that 700 pass it on to 700 and on it goes). Next stop seems to be Birmingham. I think local authorities have the stocks but they have to get central government logistical support.

I hope to see this in Manchester. I'd like to get a local test in Manchester before meeting people at Christmas but there's no indication that this is in the pipeline.

Elsewhere I read in the press that the Pfizer vaccine is expected in hospitals around 7th December and just waiting on MHRA approval to start vaccinating health workers but some logistical concerns about how to get it to GPs and carehomes without damaging stability of the vaccine.

Really? Is this correct?

For a start It goes against natural justice in that there is no right of appeal, I accept that is a price worth paying due to the exceptional circumstances we find ourselves in but we already know that fines have been given out incorrectly. Do you not think the police marching people to cash points for fines which you can't appeal is open to potential abuse and corruption?
To be honest i dont really care. it works in Europe and we should do the same here. Just change the law if needed. Compliance is far more important than the rights of some snowflake in this instance. These people are just plain ignorant and putting others at risk and prolonging the pajn for everybody. As regards your last point sorry but thats a silly excuse for not being tough on stupid rule breakers.

She doesn't, she would be taking those services away from people not physically able to get to a shop. She can she just can't wear a mask. She is legally entitled to go and do her shopping without one without being confronted, threated, kicked out of the store and fined. Whether you or the police or the shop like it or not that is the law. Like the police should do I suggest you go to the government site and read the law on mask exemptions.

I find it uncomfortable to wear one after having pleurisy some time ago and mild asthma. I find breathing difficult and the mask makes me cough a lot, which causes alarm in some others as they think I have covid. I can bear it so I wear it. The reason is I know, like this woman, if I didn't I would face confrontation from shoppers, shop workers and possibly the police. A head injury five years ago means I am liable to lose my temper very quickly if confronted or put into a stressful situation. I am getting better at managing it but it can still be unpredictable. To avoid a violent confrontation I wear the mask. Funny though at the peak of the pandemic I didn't have to and numerous experts said they were of little use.
Just wear a visor, far less invasive than a mask and very easy to wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.