COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
worsleyweb said:
I have never been more confident that things will bounce back stronger than ever.

Thanks for all that positivity mate. I agree.

Shared those thoughts with my teenage Blue, who moved to Ancoats this year to be a barber at Maclure's just as custom, culture and City dry up.

We'll be back, stronger than ever.

The west should be looking at putting collective tarriffs and sanctions on the Chinese regime until they accept a fair and independent enquiry into the Covid outbreak. We shouldn't be dealing with a country that peddles such lies and misinformation imo. There are several other good reasons for taking such a stance but imo covid is the straw that broke the camels back.
Unless we can see the country of origin when you buy stuff online there isn't a chance of not buying Chinese.
I want to avoid their stuff like the plague but, like a plague it's very difficult to avoid.

Unless we can see the country of origin when you buy stuff online there isn't a chance of not buying Chinese.
I want to avoid their stuff like the plague but, like a plague it's difficult to avoid.
Agreed
I try to avoid products but Amazon won’t tell you their origin.
Been done over too many times by Amazon’s Chinese stuff when it’s not been what it said it was.

I see Fauci has been pouring cold water on the UK getting the Pfizer vaccine approved, implying that we’ve cut corners whereas the FDA over in the States are more thorough. Is it sour grapes or does he have a point? I’m no expert on all this but I’d have thought if his claims were true then surely we’d have gotten the Oxford/AZ vaccine approved first instead of the Pfizer one.

I see Fauci has been pouring cold water on the UK getting the Pfizer vaccine approved, implying that we’ve cut corners whereas the FDA over in the States are more thorough. Is it sour grapes or does he have a point? I’m no expert on all this but I’d have thought if his claims were true then surely we’d have gotten the Oxford/AZ vaccine approved first instead of the Pfizer one.
We haven't the problems of agreeing something with 50 states (US - The CDC is very devolved when it comes to medical approvals via on organisation called ACIP) or 27 countries (EU - When has any EU beiracracy been in any way quick at coming to any conclusion?). We also started reviewing the 2 main vaccines VERY early as soon as phase 2 trials completed.
In fact it will be a miracle if either organisation comes to a decision within 2 months of the UK MHRA

Last edited:
I know of the blade & cylinder around Owen Street but what’s the circular tower?
Always thought Levenshulme’s finest Lord Foster would design a signature build in his home city.

Sounds like you’re v positive mate.
All good with the wife?

the wifes a fucking knightmare but all good at work. Yes when you say cylinder that is the circular one i am referring to.

We haven't the problems of agreeing something with 50 states (US - The CDC is very devolved when it comes to medical approvals via on organisation called ACIP) or 27 countries (EU - When has any EU beiracracy been in any way quick at coming to any conclusion?). We also started reviewing the 2 main vaccines VERY early as soon as phase 2 trials completed.
In fact it will be a miracle if either organisation comes to a decision within 2 months of the UK MHRA
The MHRA said they had worked incredibly hard and referred to “24/7” to get the vaccine approved. Key decision makers in the MHRA, including the CEO, started their careers with vocational training they typically included working 100 hour weeks. Yes the Americans and the EMA work hard too but maybe our guys have worked just that bit harder, as well as smarter.

We categorically haven’t cut any corners. It has been accelerated, yes, but not by removing parts of the process. Also there is a provision in EU legislation whereby the MHRA is allowed to issue temporary approval for emergency use. But do other countries in the EU have such a provision? I’m not aware if they do. That’s why we are first. We’re lucky in that respect. The vaccine is safe. It’s gone through the same process they all go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.