COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My year has been one of work-eat-sleep. My mum is terminally ill so we see her only under very careful circumstances. Though as she only has months she cares less and isnt as strict. I agree with her. She needs to ‘live’ whilst she can.

im lucky, im self emp but been busy. My 2 little ones (8 and 5) are still obviously at home and although its been shite for them with no activities, pals round etc we still all have each other. My oldest is 19 at uni, he fine.

so although im dead lucky i still desire the normal things in life. Itll come but please dong think going on the piss is all i care about. Its low in my priorities

our big thing is going away. After a tough year with mental health we started going away for the night/weekend every six weeks. With a cheeky weekend away never more than 6 weeks away it cured me and life changed for the better. We covered our map in the kitchen with pins over 3 years, so for that to come to a sudden halt hit me hard.

so when i say normality i mean just that. But health comes first of course.
So all i need is “hang on in there for 2-3 more months” ... then thats what i need. The unknown is a struggle

happy NY to you and yours. Stay safe. Keep being a miserable sod, the change wouldnt suit you ;)
Sorry to hear about your Mum, all those in her situation are being robbed of their latter years, it's bad enough normally, Covid exacerbated it so much more. Good luck to her, let's hope she gets to spend some relatively good times with the family once the Vaccine kicks in.

The press conference on the vaccine was very encouraging and clear they knew all of this before Christmas as it is more or less what I posted here 3 weeks back from what the scientist said on some late night foreign channel. It sounded odd then and we debated it here because of that and I had started to think being half awake I misheard.

Seems not. The NHS has known for at least 3 weeks they were going to have this from next week (or 90% sure they were) so the timing to set up the necessary procedures means they are more or less ready to hit the ground running.

As said then and discussed on here last night for me the real key here is one nobody asked about - especially not the pathetic Sky who I would have just said NO to or come back when you can ask a civil question - that the BIG deal about Oxford is that it stops virtually everybody getting sick ENOUGH to need to go in hospital and protection for that starts after one dose.

THIS will transform management of the pandemic because keeping hospitals from being swamped will save so many lives this winter -including those with other conditions that6 need bed space in winter and if bed space is not there THEY die too indirectly because of Covid.

We should really have to pay close attention to the hospital patient data in coming weeks. That may be the first real sign this is working and tbh if it stops almost everyone getting sick enough to go inti hospital even if more catch it than do from the ones that stop you getting it at all - long term it may be the way out.

Because like I posted last night - equilibrium where humans and the virus co exist is the end game here. If it becomes a milder illness with only a few deaths that is likely the best outcome and this vaccine might speed up that process.
Mate, you seem to have your finger on the pulse. Maybe this is a daft question, but is there any science that shows what happens when you administer a vaccine to those that have tested positive? Does the vaccine have any impact at all or is it too late by then?

That’s a really good idea about going away. I may adopt that. Something to fend away any encroaching black dogs.
6 weeks is probably about right too.

Any particular places stand out (apols for taking this thread off piste)?
I’ve not been to York for a while..
Mate pm me and ill list the lot. We are slowly but surely making our way round the country

as you mentioned yorks, the yorks coast from scarborough up to whitby is my favourite. Staithes and robinhood bay a personal favourite

even a night away (leave 6am sat morning, take a morning to get to destination with breako stop, return home sunday tea time) refreshes like you cant believe

we arent ones for sitting at home. We like to explore. We dog walk loads anyway so walking is a busmans hol when its the only thing to do

ex in laws who are in a dire health condition allready now both confirmed got it after the ex’s Christmas Day party. Hope it was worth it.
Posted a few days ago about my ex who I had my first son with, NHS worker who had a Boxing day party/buffet with her new partners family that she hosted, one already confirmed positive and test results awaited on 8/9 people.

Fuckwits mate, fuckwits.

Very true, there's some old people who's only social interaction is going to their local to meet up with their friends for a drink. I've known many over the years who have formed lasting lifetime friendships with people they have met in the boozer. The older ones who go to the pub do so to make it part of life's enjoyment. Can't understate the role the pub plays for a lot of people, many who are definitely not, as you say "miserable old fuckers".
Spot on mate. A lot of older blokes, including widowers, meet their mates in pubs like the Hare & Hounds.

Pubs are vital to social cohesion and mental wellbeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.