Covid and travel discussion

Here's my prediction (not based on anything other than gut feel and what happened last year):-

April 12th = It's too early to say whether we'll allow people to travel, but we are currently looking at how a vaccine passport might work. We are speaking to other countries etc.
May 17th = The infection rates are to high and the vaccination rate are too low to allow people to travel yet.
Mid-June = We are discussing travel corridors with certain countries
July 1st = Foreign travel authorised with countries on a "green list"

I actually wouldn't be surprised if above comes true, give or take.

The rumours are the big players like Jet2/TUI etc are preparing (as much as they can) for a tentative restart from 1st July.
The fact they are offering free amendments for anyone booked to travel before then supports that rumour.

I think/hope we'll get Greece, Turkey, Spain, Croatia, Cyprus and the Algarve as feasible destinations this summer, without too many hoops to jump through before departure.

All out of everyones hands though and if the powers that be pull the plug on international leisure tourism for 2021 then that's the end of that.

If they are forced to take such drastic action, and I won't hold it against them if they do, I just really hope they don't forget about the thousands and thousands of us who work in such a wonderful, yet utterly battered, industry.

If Covid allows it, I will go to Barcelona and Costa Brava this summer.

We should be going to Ireland in July and Alicante in October, i think Ireland will be cancelled but hoping we can go to Alicante. We have booked Whitley Bay in July as a back up to Ireland.
I really need to go to Dublin. My 72 year old aunt and I have been talking about it for 2 years now, to look at our family connections and explore those places now that we know what we are looking for.
We went in 2010 but this second trip has been planned for ages.
Fortunately she is in reasonably good health, but I am now fearing that the "window of opportunity" is getting smaller.

Bet the airports will be a nightmare when we can get away,i can remember when the airport part of going away was enjoyable. Not any more.

Only one place I want to get back to and that is NZ at Christmas. Wanted to go in August but that is looking less likely.

Bet the airports will be a nightmare when we can get away,i can remember when the airport part of going away was enjoyable. Not any more.

They weren't too bad last year. The huge reduction in flights, and many of the flights that were operating weren't full, meant the airport experience was better than normal generally speaking. Things like security were a breeze. Some shops and facilities closed but to be expected given the lack of numbers.

I flew from Doncaster to Gran Canaria on the delightful Wizz Air at the end of October, and that flight was the only flight departing from Donny that day (and the only incoming flight was the same one coming back).

I imagine airports this summer will be same again if it follows summer 2020s pattern.

Should the world have this virus well under control by 2022 then that is when the airports will return to their hellish normal self!

I really can't see them throwing an entire industry under the bus like that, but lets see on April 12th. More than happy to stay in the UK if that's what the experts say is required.
If holidays abroad are a no no this year (got three booked on the off chance) I will spend my time off decorating and gardening
The thought of a week in country doesn’t interest me one bit in the slightest
Had the misfortune of Llandudno for two nights last summer oh and weather was typically shite as expected .
Luckily managed a week in Kefalonia the day after so that kept me sane while we were there and managed a 4 night break again in Kefalonia in September

e.g. Brighton when we won the league allegedly a ‘Holiday Resort’ my lad was 16. Rules no kids allowed in pubs after. 6-00pm that was a f”ing spoons for tea!!!
No Thanks I’ll save my money for when the planes are operating again

Reactions: ell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.