Covid vaccine uptake - poll

Will you take a Covid vaccine when it becomes available?

• Yes

Votes: 413 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 67 12.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 46 8.7%

• Total voters
I can't really speak for medical regulatory bodies but, let's say, if the 60 million ish people in the UK had the vaccine then around 1.67 million people would not be able to work, would not be able to perform day-to-day activities and would need care from a doctor or health care professional. I think that could be considered unacceptable by anybody's standards. This is just short term effects.

It's beggars belief this was not tested properly before being rolled out.
If it wasnt tested we would not know the data you quote , it has been properly tested

I was a definite 'no'.
I've had the virus and was quite poorly with it. Nothing majorly dramatic but I had to be checked in A&E after a slight problem with my breathing. Was discharged the same night after a number of tests and told to rest, as my lungs were scarred as a result of the infection.
That was 6 weeks ago and although I'm still tired after work, I reckon I've got enough antibodies now.

So based on my significant knowledge (!!!!!!!!!!!), I told my sister-in-law, who has a key job in a hospital, I wont be having the vaccine. She said 'we'll have a private chat on zoom!!!!!'

So as I'm scared of her, it looks like I might now be a 'yes'!
To be fair my mum's 94 and she's had it. I'm just worried I'll grow another head in 12 months time.

I can't really speak for medical regulatory bodies but, let's say, if the 60 million ish people in the UK had the vaccine then around 1.67 million people would not be able to work, would not be able to perform day-to-day activities and would need care from a doctor or health care professional. I think that could be considered unacceptable by anybody's standards. This is just short term effects.

These are each possibilities, but it does not mean they all got all of them.
Needing care from a doctor or health care worker will very often mean someone fainted of felt faint.
A significant number of people who have had Covid get a day or so of flu like symptoms after receiving the vaccine, this shows that the immune response is working and is being boosted.
Most people would consider it better than being dead.or hospitalised.

You get a sore arm that might stop someone driving or lifting , unless we know exactly what the problem was then this is a sensational headline
I had my first ever flu jab a couple of weeks ago as I'm now over 50, and I've just had flu symptoms for the last few days, though starting to feel better now. I was told by the nurse this might happen, so I guess it's perfectly normal to experience "mild symptoms" after this type of vaccine, I was told you won't have flu, just the symptoms, which I guess is your bodies way of preparing for the real thing?

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2020-12/slides-12-19/05-COVID-CLARK.pdf

Out of nearly 113,000 people who had the Covid vaccine, over 3000 people could not perform daily activities, could not work and needed care from a doctor or health care professional after having the vaccine.

You've added the word "and" in there that isn't in the information you've provided which makes a big difference to what you and the article are saying.

Then you've extrapolated your own (mis)interpretation into something that sounds scary - much like the stuff I see people do on twitter/facebook. Relatively unhelpful to do so I would say.

Mates mum was due to have the vaccine tomorrow the local health centre rang her yesterday and cancelled. They had run out of vaccine shots and has to go back in the new year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.