Covid vaccine uptake - poll

Will you take a Covid vaccine when it becomes available?

• Yes

Votes: 413 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 67 12.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 46 8.7%

• Total voters
That's more than I thought tbh. Up to 3M people? Have you got a link for that?
Not specifically. Look up numbers for cancer patients and auto immune diseases. Not all ppl falling into each category will have a problem with the vaccine but, for example, there are 400,000 with Rheumatoid Arthritis most of whom will take immuno suppressants, as I do.

I don't know anything about arthritis tbh hence the question but would you not be able to stop taking immunosuppresents for a short period to get yourself vaccinated?
An interesting question which I asked my rheumatologist about. Answer: we need to know more about the vaccine before we can answer that. I got the impression that he would not be too keen on my dropping methotrexate or hydroxichloroquine. Me neither, RA is a very painful and debilitating disease, which has multiple affects other than arthritis, as the rogue proteins attack many of your organs. E.g. it caused me to go deaf and have breathìng difficulties. Not a recommended condition!!

An interesting question which I asked my rheumatologist about. Answer: we need to know more about the vaccine before we can answer that. I got the impression that he would not be too keen on my dropping methotrexate or hydroxichloroquine. Me neither, RA is a very painful and debilitating disease, which has multiple affects other than arthritis, as the rogue proteins attack many of your organs. E.g. it caused me to go deaf and have breathìng difficulties. Not a recommended condition!!

My mum had RA wouldn't wish it on anyone she was so brave. Had 2 metal rods in her wrists a metal elbow and a shoulder done before she passed at 50. Has treatment got any better for it?

My mum had RA wouldn't wish it on anyone she was so brave. Had 2 metal rods in her wrists a metal elbow and a shoulder done before she passed at 50. Has treatment got any better for it?
I don't think treatment has improved much. A cinderella disease with little research. I'm a lot luckier than your poor mum was, my case is under control and I have times when I can function well. Lockdown, with less activity and no pub hasn't served me well. Struggling a bit at the mo. Need City to cheer me up....get some bloody goals, boys

It doesn't sound great tbh mate, I feel for you. Never knew it could cause deafness although like I said, it's not a condition I know much about.

I suppose your answer though explains why I don't think there's a need to criminalise or sack somebody for not getting the vaccine. There's still a lot of things we don't know about it and the proposed dosage regimen for the AZ vaccine hasn't even been trialled on over 55s as far as I know.

I honestly think there'll be a struggle to get over 70% of the population vaccinated for it because I think a lot of the younger generation, with next-to-no risk of suffering from Covid, will view the risk of getting a relatively unknown vaccine greater than getting Covid. Hopefully though, if there's a big uptake of the vaccine (and it's safe) from most other age groups, that should shield people who would like to get vaccinated but can't for medical reasons.

It doesn't sound great tbh mate, I feel for you. Never knew it could cause deafness although like I said, it's not a condition I know much about.

I suppose your answer though explains why I don't think there's a need to criminalise or sack somebody for not getting the vaccine. There's still a lot of things we don't know about it and the proposed dosage regimen for the AZ vaccine hasn't even been trialled on over 55s as far as I know.

I honestly think there'll be a struggle to get over 70% of the population vaccinated for it because I think a lot of the younger generation, with next-to-no risk of suffering from Covid, will view the risk of getting a relatively unknown vaccine greater than getting Covid. Hopefully though, if there's a big uptake of the vaccine (and it's safe) from most other age groups, that should shield people who would like to get vaccinated but can't for medical reasons.
Yes, lots of uncertainties still. I shall have the jab and hope it works (unless I'm told not to), but eager to learn about this research into direct injection of anti bodies harvested from recovered covid cases.
Deffo would not punish ppl for not getting immunised; we still live in a free country.

You probably hate the thought of needles, the reality really is a fleeting pin prick, give yourself am incentive scheme, eg, treat yourself to a luxury the day of your jab as a reward for being a brave soldier, (I'm assuming you are under 10 years of age) :-)

That’s what they told me at school for my jab then this fucker was waiting for me

young-woman-doctor-big-syringe-hands-13004513.jpg

I don't think treatment has improved much. A cinderella disease with little research. I'm a lot luckier than your poor mum was, my case is under control and I have times when I can function well. Lockdown, with less activity and no pub hasn't served me well. Struggling a bit at the mo. Need City to cheer me up....get some bloody goals, boys
Can you ask for goals every week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.