Craig Bellamy Interview On Radio 5Live

John Wayne

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8325259.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 325259.stm</a>

"Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy regrets his clash with a pitch invader at Old Trafford in September.

Bellamy, 30, appeared to shove the fan in the face during City's 4-3 defeat by neighbours Manchester United.

The Wales captain was warned by the Football Association over the incident but did not face any charges.

Bellamy told BBC Radio 5 live: "The simple facts are that he shouldn't have been on the pitch and I shouldn't have gone over to him."

The former Liverpool and Newcastle forward, who scored twice in what was a thrilling Manchester derby, approached the fan after the supporter ran on to the pitch in the dying moments of the game. Bellamy explained: "I didn't punch him, didn't slap him, didn't backhand him.

"I've gone over, told him to get off the pitch. I didn't quite say it like that - but he got the message.

"He shoved his head towards me and the FA has seen this, everyone has seen this."

Bellamy was warned over his conduct by the FA after the match but was not disciplined by football's governing body or his club.

The fan, Jake Clarke, who is in his 20s and is from Chorley, was fined £305 and banned from all football matches for three years.

"Certain papers tried to make it look like I have just attacked some fan," said Bellamy.

"I've shoved his head out of my direction, clear as that, the FA has seen that, that's why I didn't get a ban."

Bellamy has been involved in numerous controversies since his debut for Norwich in 1997 and City is his eighth professional club.

However, he has been praised for his form and attitude by City boss Mark Hughes since moving to Eastlands from West Ham for a fee of about £14m in January.

The striker has also been lauded recently for his work to bring football and schooling to children in Sierra Leone in West Africa through his Craig Bellamy Foundation.

Hear the full interview with Craig Bellamy on Songs of Rage - a BBC Radio 5 live Football Special with Dan Walker and Garth Crooks at 2130 BST on Monday"

Richard said:
Hes Welsh
Hes ace
He'll punch you in the face
Bellamy, Bellamy,

Was something along these lines sung yesterday...i could have sworn i heard it :)

yeah I heard it, made me laugh it was sung to him from the North stand whilst taking a corner in the 2nd half

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.