Crap Plumber Aftermath

BLUEYESTU

Has anyone ever had any joy getting money out of a tradesman once he has dissolved his business?
Last year we had a new bathroom put in including replacing the bath with a shower cubicle and putting waterproof boarding up instead of tiling it. A year later and we’ve discovered he did an absolutely garbage job and water has been leaking through his silicone seals. It’s caused serious water damage to the floor and living room ceiling and the whole shower has to be ripped out, refitted and the flooring/ceiling repaired.
I can’t get him back to look at it as he’s dissolved his firm but was wondering if I have any chance of getting some money back. The whole repair job is going to have to go on credit cards and I’m almost tapped out now (financially and emotionally).

sadly mate i think you have zero chance of getting money back and are next in a long line of being ripped off by twats like this.

Just about to have the front garden ripped up and completely blocked paved and my first, last and only thoughts are is the guy i give the work to not a rogue trader.

best of luck mate.

If as I fear the chance of getting money out of the builder is zero, does anyone have any experience of successful claiming on their insurance? From what I’ve seen online the problem I have is did the issue arise before the plumber ceased trading? If it did then I’m out of luck, but will they class the problem arising as now; when I’ve found it or earlier because it’s been a hidden issue.
Any help is very much appreciated!

If as I fear the chance of getting money out of the builder is zero, does anyone have any experience of successful claiming on their insurance? From what I’ve seen online the problem I have is did the issue arise before the plumber ceased trading? If it did then I’m out of luck, but will they class the problem arising as now; when I’ve found it or earlier because it’s been a hidden issue.
Any help is very much appreciated!

Possibly not what you want to hear but its highly unlikely you will get anything out of anyone. If they were insured and you have the details you could ring and ask but i'm sure they will want proof and the process of claiming will be onerous to say the least.

Your only option is an insurance claim. If he was a legitimate trader and you showed reasonable care in employing him then they may pay out. The worst that will happen is they say no. I would play a little dumb and don't give the company any info they don't need to know. Let them assess and decide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.