Crap towns

Millom
Swindon

So many shit holes been mentioned but these are two that will always stick in My memory.

You'd think that but the concrete went in after they had already filled in the gaps. The bloke who built one of the carbuncles, the Tricorn Centre, won an award for building it and 2 for knocking it down.

God yes that WAS an eyesore............ like that car park that went up in Gateshead destroying the town centre who's construction featured in the closing scenes of Get Carter. Awful and is now gone................for its replacement - a huge Tesco. Suddenly people are nostalgic for the concrete carbuncle ha ha

Yeah actually just near there, think my Mrs goes walking down there with her mum occasionally.

Apparently it’s nice down there but I’ve not yet been.

What made you leave Middleton ;-) ?

Divorce in a nutshell. New horizons. I headed south met the current Mrs had kids and came back to her home town. Having experienced the South Coast and the North York Moors I am afraid Middleton is 3rd on my list of places where I want to live. Oddly I still call it home in conversation though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.