Crap towns

My home town. Used to be a proud place many years ago but Wigan Met went out of their way to grind it into a shithole. Probably one of the reasons I left 25 years ago. I miss the mates and their banter though!!.

I'm from Astley and worked in Leigh from being 16 to 30. Used to be a great night out (if you didn't get battered off the Rugby boys), Fletchers and Ruebens etc.

Ghost town now though. Spice has well and truly got it's grip on Leigh.

Not far away from Peterlee is the shithole of Grangetown which is part of the wider shithole, Middlesbrough. I used to visit there regularly, the kids played a version of “chicken”. They would wait for a bus coming round the corner of a street at slow speeds then run in front of it until the bus started to gather speed then get out of its way, it’s a god forsaken place, utter shithole.

There's just something wrong with the place. It's easy to put the state it's in now down to the collapse of industry but even when there were 10s of thousands more jobs there it's always been poverty stricken. I work in the area and you see old photos with kids running around without shoes in the 70s. It's really sad but I don't now what anyone could do to help.

Blackpool and Birkenhead
just out of Blackpool so not to bad where we are but up the road is Fleetwood and what a fucking shit hole this place is, a town that is made up 50/50 of Liverpool and United fans who munch on kebabs Chinese and Indian takeaways all week at the states expense, Morrissey was indeed right when he sang about nuking a seaside town just hope its this one first with all the scummy hoodie freeloaders that reside there,,,and fat fucking woman who venture out at five past midnight in there PJs to draw their tax credits don't get me started

Last edited:
Littlehampton. In an area of outstanding natural beauty, with places like Arundel and Chichester close by, and despite being a coastal town it still manages to look like a complete shit hole. See also Bognor Regis.

I'm also going to add Berwick on Tweed. Surrounded by intact Elizabethan walls and containing Britain's oldest barracks you would have thought that the interior would be lovely. It's not. A cesspit of a place.

Peterborough. There's a ring road. Stay on it and go somewhere else.

I forgot Portsmouth. Somehow managing to be both historic naval town and 60/70's concrete jungle in two easy swoops. If anyone remembers the away days we used to have there in the 80's then they will have fond memories of the welcoming locals, the rundown nature of the place and the stupid fucking accent.

forget about cities what towns have you been to that are a shithole. Went to peterlee for a few hours yesterday what a shithole that place is. It’s like the walking dead, some poster on the Sunderland forum reckons the town center is like being on the dodgems with all the mobility scooters.must admit that is up their with places I’d demolish ASAP.i bet Stockport mackem knows it well:) can’t believe it’s in the county of beautiful Durham

Never been, but the name conjures up a rather delightful place!!

There's just something wrong with the place. It's easy to put the state it's in now down to the collapse of industry but even when there were 10s of thousands more jobs there it's always been poverty stricken. I work in the area and you see old photos with kids running around without shoes in the 70s. It's really sad but I don't now what anyone could do to help.
Last time I went was about 18 years ago, used to visit the Head Office of Reg Boyle Bookmakers which was based there. Reg himself used to have a Doberman dog for security, he told me it was soft as shit but if I was ever left alone with the dog it used to show it’s teeth and start growling, soon as Reg was back it just lay in its basket, I have a phobia about dogs, that thing scared the shit out of me!

Oldham without a doubt, shit accent too.

My two offspring were born in Oldham! I keep telling my ERO that he should be an Athletic's fan! Anyway, Oldham is where those good people at Oldham Royal put Mrs Ewing's wrist back together, so I'm a great fan of Oldham!

Funny thing about all these places is that yer don't have to go beyond a couple of miles from the outer edge and yer in wonderful countryside! I cycled in a loop from Rochdale to Diggle and then back into Shaw a month or so back, and met the Welcome to Oldham sign in open countryside. I thought that this couldn't really be Oldham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.