Crazes when you were at school

cheddar404 said:
SPX trainers, black jeans with a red arse, red converse trainers, all while playing British bulldog.

Haha The back jeans with a red arse! I had a pair with a green arse too. And the SPX trainers with a massive tongue sticking out. Naff Co 54 jacket, and a Fat Willys surf shack t shirt.

And as well as GI Joe figures, Crash Test Dummies, A-Team, Dino Rders and star wars, who had these?

tumblr_lq433wNSXb1qh2axio1_500.jpg

conkers
super flightdeck
marbles
that gold chewing gum in a little bag
war
kickstone 1 2 3
red-rover
british bulldog
cherry lips
bike ride 3.5 miles to school - at primary!
city

ManCitizens. said:
BlueTG said:
Josh Blue said:
Still got that :)

I got this fucker robbed from my deck by my old best mate, the twat, waited ages for that card as well!

Any of the younger generation on here remember these?

2gui6w8.jpg

Beyblades

Beyblades, along with Digimon was terrible.

I'm just old enough to remember feeling too old for Beyblades when they came about. I think I was about 12/13 and so everybody in our year group looked down at them. Pokémon was top dog and everything else remotely animé was seen as a rip off, including Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh!.

SkyBlueFlux said:
ManCitizens. said:
BlueTG said:
I got this fucker robbed from my deck by my old best mate, the twat, waited ages for that card as well!

Any of the younger generation on here remember these?

2gui6w8.jpg

Beyblades

I'm just old enough to remember feeling too old for Beyblades when they came about. I think I was about 12/13 and so everybody in our year group looked down at them. Pokémon was top dog and everything else remotely animé was seen as a rip off, including Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh!.
you must have been in my year, everything pokemon related got banned, full on fights took place over a card

Blue>Red said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
ManCitizens. said:

you must have been in my year, everything pokemon related got banned, full on fights took place over a card

Yeah, there was similar uproar at my school over them as well. Essentially there was two complaints coming from parents:

1) That trading cards were creating a bullying culture, and violence would break out over a shiny Articuno (which was true enough).
2) That they should be classed as toys under the school regulations and so were distracting kids from studying.

In the end our school was good enough to compromise, they allowed trading cards but only in one specific area of the playground. This area was watched over by a member of staff at all times so they could oversee things. If the cards were seen out anywhere else they were confiscated. My mate lost a deck of 500 that way (which I think he got back but only at the end of the year).

Talk about a lot of fuss!

york away to this! said:
conkers
super flightdeck
marbles
that gold chewing gum in a little bag
war
kickstone 1 2 3
red-rover
british bulldog
cherry lips
bike ride 3.5 miles to school - at primary!
city

Was the gum called 'Gold Nuggets'?
Remember American Civil War cards included with chewing gum. 'Pain of Death' was the most gory!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.