Creative midfielder

To be honest given that we have Ade and Santa and that we have a penchant for a 4-4-2 I think it is far more likely we will go for a top class wideman someone such as Ribery. I think given he is likely to move, given that Real already have too much attacking talent, given that we have depth in centre midfield with Ireland, barry, Kompany and De Jong (and maybe soon Johnson) all top class players playing for two positions that this post is a bit wide of the mark.

I think we may well sign a top right sided (or capable of playing right sided) winger to strengthen and we may also sign a right back too.

Not sure that the types of player mentioned are really what we need as I can't see a time when we play Barry and an other leaving ireland, De Jong and Kompany all unsettled and out of the team every week.

It is clear that we have rarely even played ireland in that position YTD so why we would need another if we are not even playing tactics to play him there is beyond me?????

Or are you advocating we change the way we play? If we do then we may need to change a few of our other players as I am not sure we are set up or have bought to play the Barcelona way.

I would like to see Ribery, Robbie, Sweep and Petrov competing for the wing spots with two of Bellamy, Ade, Santa and Tev in the middle. Then we would have a very strong centre mid of Kompany, De Jong as holders and Ireland, Barry, Johnson as B2B or more attacking.

EalingBlue2 said:
To be honest given that we have Ade and Santa and that we have a penchant for a 4-4-2 I think it is far more likely we will go for a top class wideman someone such as Ribery. I think given he is likely to move, given that Real already have too much attacking talent, given that we have depth in centre midfield with Ireland, barry, Kompany and De Jong (and maybe soon Johnson) all top class players playing for two positions that this post is a bit wide of the mark.

I think we may well sign a top right sided (or capable of playing right sided) winger to strengthen and we may also sign a right back too.

Not sure that the types of player mentioned are really what we need as I can't see a time when we play Barry and an other leaving ireland, De Jong and Kompany all unsettled and out of the team every week.

It is clear that we have rarely even played ireland in that position YTD so why we would need another if we are not even playing tactics to play him there is beyond me?????

Or are you advocating we change the way we play? If we do then we may need to change a few of our other players as I am not sure we are set up or have bought to play the Barcelona way.

I would like to see Ribery, Robbie, Sweep and Petrov competing for the wing spots with two of Bellamy, Ade, Santa and Tev in the middle. Then we would have a very strong centre mid of Kompany, De Jong as holders and Ireland, Barry, Johnson as B2B or more attacking.

Isn't it a case of having a Plan B, C etc. I wouldn't call Barry, de Jong, Kompany or even Johnson "creative". Ireland is our only creative one and if he gets injured we lack someone with that flash of inspiration to unlock a tough defence. I agree if we are going to stick to 4-4-2 then a winger would be more useful but I can see us playing 4-5-1 in some away games against top class teams.

ÃŒn robinho we have one of the greatest players in the world at unlocking a tough defence. We play a game where that unlocking is most likely to come from a cross after beating a man out wide.

EalingBlue2 said:
ÃŒn robinho we have one of the greatest players in the world at unlocking a tough defence. We play a game where that unlocking is most likely to come from a cross after beating a man out wide.

Agree, but the annoying thing is which Robinho turns up at matches, the MOM Robinho or the passenger Robinho.

I to have thought about Robunho in this roll. Its not so much his consistency in this roll he sometimes has a tendency to hold on to long. To play in this roll he would need to release the ball quicker.

He definately has the ability to play this roll and is worth a try in home games were we need to unlock defenses

skybluecelt1990 said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
Iniesta

offer them 50 million

foooooooookin' class player, he's warming the bench at the moment though at Barca for some strange reason.

only because he ain't 100% match fit atm. Guardiloa rates his along with messi as the clubs best player, he's not going anywhere

Yeh he is regarded as one of the best, but just offer them something big, chances are they won't take us on, but we might aswell at least show some interest and see what comes of it, we have the money let's just try and us it to our disposal.

onceabluealways said:
I to have thought about Robunho in this roll. Its not so much his consistency in this roll he sometimes has a tendency to hold on to long. To play in this roll he would need to release the ball quicker.

He definately has the ability to play this roll and is worth a try in home games were we need to unlock defenses

Weve got/getting players more like Robbi's standard, so hopefully he wont see himself as the self saviour of City that sometimes I felt he looked like he was trying in a few games last season.

Douglas Costa.....hailed in Brazil as being the new ronaldinho, Plus with him being young he would take nicely to being a squad player, and will give ireland competition to contend for the central Attacking midfield position.
Here's a good compilation video of him; <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcZPye-oSqY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcZPye-oSqY</a>

What do you guy's think?

Gourcuff seems to have been missed off this list, but if we are looking for a youngster, i'd go for Douglas Costa too.

Costa is an attacking midfielder but can be used as a tricky winger, like Robinho also. Real, Barca, United and Milan are all meant to be keeping a close eye on this kids progress and he has other clubs watching him play aswell.

Costa is said to have a buyout clause of £9m which as potential goes is a bit of a bargain. He is definately for the future and probably a couple of years off being ready to play in the Prem, but if he ever does, he'll set it alight.

Give Micheal Johnson a few solid years playing games and i reckon he'll develop into an England first teamer in the creative role. He just needs to get on top of his injuries. Plus it gives extra incentives for the academy lads to push hard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.