credit score questions

Hammond said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Didn't mean to imply you'd had problems. It's more that you are presumably quite young and haven't much credit history. I find it odd you'd be turned down for a bank account although the overdraft might have been the problem.

I'm assuming you don't have a bank account at the moment so I'd advise getting a basic account or one without an overdraft. Then once you can show you've maintained that by regular payments in and not going overdrawn you should be able to get more credit.

It is worth getting your credit report (which you can do online) just to check it is OK. Mistakes can be made and people might have used your name or address for credit without you realising. Also, are you on the electoral register? That usually helps.

I do have accounts, got one with an overdraft and one without. Godknows why they didn't let me have one at Hsbc. fingers crossed, hopefully i wont have a problem but it is a worry. cheers guys! i'll let you know when i find out!
Do you spend /use all the money in that account and end up with a balance less than £10 a month? If so, ensure you are always a minimum of £10 in credit for about 3/4 months, you should get overdraft facility then

Not sure how it works back home, but sure fire ways to raise your score - always pay your bills on time, and if you can pay the balance on any credit account/card you have.

(obviously not everyone can afford to do that, but if you can, do it!)

Get yourself a credit card and put it somewhere safe so your not tempted to use it. It will improve your credit rating plus its always handy to have one for emergencies or taking on holiday etc. Go on moneysaving expert and look for one that offers free interest for at least 12-18 months and transfer your store card debt over to it, you'll probably have to pay about a tenner fee to transfer it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Your real name isn't Bernie Madoff or Nick Leeson is it?

bugger you've sussed me<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:21 pm --<br /><br />Went to the estate agents, and because we & my missus dont earn 2.5 times the annual rent each (20k) (we only work part time) we've gotta get a guarantor each! so no problems cos the credit check goes on them instead of us! haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.