******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't count your chickens. What England must not — must not — now do, after all that grit and hard work of today, is throw away these six wickets in hand. We've seen it happen. Many times. They must now make the Aussies pay through the nose, by establishing a lead of at least a hundred. If they do that, they will have one foot on their neck again, after letting them off the hook yesterday. If they piss those wickets away for, say, a paltry forty or fifty runs, I think I will be more deeply irritated than if England had simply folded completely.

for me its still level pegging and tomorrow will be key to the test ? get runs and put a big lead on the board or get bowled out for under 300 and they have the edge in not having to bat last ?? england need 150 lead and then get them back in after tea tomorrow and you never know

the weather also will play a part and the forecast is unsettled for the weekend and a chance rain and heavy cloud all weekend, so england will need to get the runs on the board and hope the rains stays away

Don't count your chickens. What England must not — must not — now do, after all that grit and hard work of today, is throw away these six wickets in hand. We've seen it happen. Many times. They must now make the Aussies pay through the nose, by establishing a lead of at least a hundred. If they do that, they will have one foot on their neck again, after letting them off the hook yesterday. If they piss those wickets away for, say, a paltry forty or fifty runs, I think I will be more deeply irritated than if England had simply folded completely.

100% agree keep there bowlers in the field as long as possible 100 lead minimum they should be looking at.

How about we declare overnight put the Aussies under pressure again and chase down on day 4?

Excellent day for England. If we can add at least 100 more, we will be firmly in the ascendency. There’s some uneven bounce, a bit of seam movement and plenty of turn already.

Australia are deploying a dangerous strategy by selecting only a four man attack. James Pattinson is a fine bowler but history suggests he’ll injure his back before the series has concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.