******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well who saw that coming when Australia were 136-2? There have been many collapses down the years but I still thought that was out of the question, probably because they were scoring so freely after tea. Cricket is a sport that never ceases to amaze me.

Cue England being bowled out for 120 tomorrow!

England need to score over 300 to firmly be in control of this test match.

Unfortunately, I suspect we’ll fold to Cummins, Hazelwood and Pattinson.

It’s time for Roy, Root and Buttler to score some runs.

England need to score over 300 to firmly be in control of this test match.

Unfortunately, I suspect we’ll fold to Cummins, Hazelwood and Pattinson.

It’s time for Roy, Root and Buttler to score some runs.

Agree we need score board pressure to win this test match need to get to at least 150 for no more than 3 down then the rest will play with less pressure and play like they can

Well, last year against India England made it to 400 in a test match innings. As far as I've been able to check, that's the only time in the last two years, in test match competition. Now maybe I'm way out of date, but in my book, 300 is just an o.k. score in test cricket. It's not exceptional, it's just o.k. 400 is good, 500 is impregnable. You're supposed to build an innings, patiently, even cussedly. It's not 50 overs, you've got time (although I do find myself wondering what effect the white ball game is having on the red ball game, as far as batsmen's patience and concentration over a sustained period is concerned. Some can do it, mind…)
It is high time England aimed at knocking up 400 over the next two days. It's not rocket science. It's cricket at top level. If they are top level batsmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.