******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive a cricket novice. I haven’t really watched much since Engineer, Pilling and Lloyd played for Lancs.

How can such a competitive one day team be so shit at the five day game?

Please forgive a cricket novice. I haven’t really watched much since Engineer, Pilling and Lloyd played for Lancs.

We're of the same vintage, cricket wise. The batsmen play too many shots, they seem to have forgotten that a good defensive technique is required for the five-day game. It's not a crime to play out a few maiden overs on a testing wicket.

We're of the same vintage, cricket wise. The batsmen play too many shots, they seem to have forgotten that a good defensive technique is required for the five-day game. It's not a crime to play out a few maiden overs on a testing wicket.
But is it any more testing than a one day pitch when they regularly score 300+?

Like I've said earlier mate,baseball players these days,I'm a bit after that time,me growing up was Fowler,Fairbrother,Allot,Akram era,but now it is just hit and hope,razzmatazz kind of game,in fact I think in the test arena,there is only England who play like that in both formats of the game.

But they can all turn around at the end of their careers and say they were WC winners,so that'll do them in their eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.