******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky have made too much out of Stokes’s innings at Headingley. It was a phenomenal knock but there’s every chance it will go down in vain as we face a 2-1/3-1 loss. It seems to be on repeat with Stokes’s interview when the series hasn’t even finished yet.

Realistically, we have to bat at least 100 overs and pray a few sessions are lost to rain.

I never bought into the idea that the momentum swung towards England after that test. Even Shane Warne was saying it. Don’t get me wrong - there are precedents for that to be the case such as Botham in ‘81 and Edgbaston in ‘05 but with Smith coming back for this test I had a feeling Australia wouldn’t have too many problems getting it out of their system.

BUT....I don’t blame Sky or anyone else for milking it. It was an astonishing victory pulled from the jaws of defeat and whatever happens in the rest of this series doesn’t negate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.