******Cricket Thread******

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bernabias home shirt, 5 Jul 2013.

1. The blue phantom

The blue phantom

Doesn't surprise me. Brilliant cricketer and I could watch him all day. But he needs to look in the mirror sometimes and think who's really a Cunt.

This is a guy who mocked a disabled kid and thought it was funny.

bavarian blue likes this.
  2. Ardwick Green Blue

Ardwick Green Blue

Guardian saying it was a middle-aged SA fan who ran 50 yards to call him a ginger cunt plus an Ed Sheeran reference.

Reasonable response from Stokes then..

bigstanhibbert and SWP's back like this.
  3. KS55

KS55

Ben Stokes has anger issues. Not guilty!

4. KS55

KS55

Going into a 5day test withour a spinner is madness, esp if your quicks are injury prone.

5. ancoats

ancoats

yep

and just when you fancy england putting a good score on the board was lose quick wickets ? 100/0 is a base you would think 400 to 450 and then you don't lose the test, but sloppy england give away wickets again and the morning on day 2 gives them hope that take a couple of quick wickets and england will be lucky to get 300

i just got this feeling england was thinking way to far ahead in this test and when they got to 100 without losing a wicket they thought this will be a walk in the park and bingo we let them back in the game and a chance to draw the series

6. ancoats

ancoats

true
    the wickets in this series have been poor and flat and slow and nothing for the quick's really and the bounce is nothing to write home about, so a good spinner is a must just to change in up and give the best quick's a rest to recharge
    but pressure has been key and if you can get a score on the board then you win, if england can get another ton from somebody like root then we don't lose this test but lose the rest of the wicket from cheap runs they win this test

7. jimharri

jimharri

Well, if you were being likened to Ed Sheeran, you'd be pissed off as well. Perfectly lucid, reasonable response from Stokes.

Ardwick Green Blue likes this.
  8. City Raider

City Raider

Created a rod for his own back now. He’ll get it incessantly, probably masks the lot next Aussie tour

9. jimharri

jimharri

He was going to get hammered anyway for his "disagreement" in Bristol.

10. Gabriel

Gabriel

Beautifully reported by the Guardian.

’As he was walking off, having been dismissed for two in the final session, Stokes was caught on television responding to a fan off-camera, shouting: “Come and say it to me outside the ground you fucking four-eyed cunt.”...Given Specsavers are the main sponsor of Test match cricket in England, the vice-captain’s response was not really on brand.’