******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see them only giving themselves 4 overs on the second new ball.

this is a good point, but i think if they reach the new ball at 260ish, Root will be too scared of that total.

edit: not sure i believe this anymore - i genuinely dont know what England will do!! i shall retain a guess of 11 or 12 overs :)

Last edited:
Braithwaite is the key wicket. Get him early and we have half a chance. He will consume overs if we let him. Need Stokes to pretend he's got Jack Leach at the other end first though.

Aren’t there supposedly 98 overs to be bowled tomorrow?

If true, England’s lead should eclipse 300 quite sometime before lunch, which would give them at least 80 overs to bowl out the West Indies.
Good point re the extra overs. 8 extra overs could (repeat for the hard of hearing, could) give us an extra 30-35 runs. Plus, of course, extra time to bowl the Windies out again. If I was putting money on the outcome, though, I'd put a cautious 50p on the draw.

It's going to be an excellent days cricket. If Root does what he normally does, he'll keep us out there batting too long to protect us from losing the game and those lost overs might make the difference. Either way I think the Windies will try to chase down the total. It's not really in their DNA to play for a draw, they'll play shots and we'll have chances. Need to be on in from a fielding perspective and bowl in the right areas. Without a crowd it will be tough if they build a partnership but need to keep at it. Bess needs to bowl a lot better today if we're going to have a chance. I think Broad, Curran and Woakes have enough variation and quality to take the wickets today, if Bess ties up and end for a good part of the day and Stokes is used to try and extract some extra pace and bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.