******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I await @ancoats considered post match review ;-)

hahhahaha i knew i would come in for some stick tonight ? but i will sand by my disliking of root as captain
but really should it have gone down to the wire. yes england won and well played to the bowlers, but root letting slip that review of Joseph for LBW right at the end of day 2 could have cost us big time and he went on to make 32 runs and batted for a hour, and if you look at it took away the follow on from england

england made hard work of it and even if they lost a full day to rain we could have still lost or draw as well ??
you should never be in a danger of losing if you score 469 in the first innings and the pitch turning, a spinner taking 5 wickets and the ball was also nipping back and swing ? england bowlers never really got it swinging and the spinner never looked like turning it like they did ?

so ok am big enough to take the stick ? i got it wrong and england won but the hard way

hahhahaha i knew i would come in for some stick tonight ? but i will sand by my disliking of root as captain
but really should it have gone down to the wire. yes england won and well played to the bowlers, but root letting slip that review of Joseph for LBW right at the end of day 2 could have cost us big time and he went on to make 32 runs and batted for a hour, and if you look at it took away the follow on from england

england made hard work of it and even if they lost a full day to rain we could have still lost or draw as well ??
you should never be in a danger of losing if you score 469 in the first innings and the pitch turning, a spinner taking 5 wickets and the ball was also nipping back and swing ? england bowlers never really got it swinging and the spinner never looked like turning it like they did ?

so ok am big enough to take the stick ? i got it wrong and england won but the hard way
Jesus what the hell could they have done better? The only thing I could think of a slight criticism is not pushing on harder on the 2nd afternoon when Sibley and Stokes were in! Barring that they've had a pretty perfect test especially when losing a day to the weather.

At what time were England ever in danger of losing it after the first innings?

Root probably could have declared 2 or 3 overs earlier but that’s the worse that can be levelled at him apart from over bowling Stokes who’s got a voice and could easily say I’m done.

meldrew.jpg

Jesus what the hell could they have done better? The only thing I could think of a slight criticism is not pushing on harder on the 2nd afternoon when Sibley and Stokes were in! Barring that they've had a pretty perfect test especially when losing a day to the weather.

the win was in the balance when root could have cost england because of the review for LBW he turned down ? Joseph went on to score 32 runs and took a hour out of the game taking england chance of the follow on and winning with a session spare not the last hour

i know am clutching at straws here and england won ? but we had to give them a little chance of winning or getting a draw. that's why its was sloppy by root and he got lucky today

the win was in the balance when root could have cost england because of the review for LBW he turned down ? Joseph went on to score 32 runs and took a hour out of the game taking england chance of the follow on and winning with a session spare not the last hour

i know am clutching at straws here and england won ? but we had to give them a little chance of winning or getting a draw. that's why its was sloppy by root and he got lucky today
West Indies have had zero chance of winning that game from mid afternoon on the 2nd day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.