******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does moeen ali keep making the ODI team ?? poor with the ball and bat ? but great beard maybe

england's ODI setup is the best in the world and this is why the test setup is poor, to much money and time gone into the ODI cricket because of the world cup being in england 2019 and all the eggs in one basket in winning the dam thing

ODI cricket is the death of test cricket and the better players see big money in ODI and 20/20 cricket for doing very little in a short space of time, so why play 5 days test cricket for very little money or reward ? ODI 20/20 cricket is swinging the bat scoring quick runs bag yourself a bag full of money and move on to another 20/20 league and team and bag some more money

test cricket needs a revamp and money pumped into it ? even a clean break away for any form of ODI cricket and you can only play one type of the cricket codes and no cross over from white ball to red, its 2 different games and both have its plus sides, but test cricket should hold all the cards and be the biggest and best thing to play if your a cricketer

i said it years ago test cricket should be played by other countries in summers over the world ? the english summers should have test games between other countries like india pakastan west indies south africa australia new zealand, we have grounds and multi culture people living in england so use them give them test cricket to watch ? cheap tickets a good days cricket for all the families

I very largely agree with this post @ancoats. For myself, it was almost as satisfying drawing the Ashes series last summer (obviously, I would have preferred to win it) as it was winning the World Cup final (in very dodgy conditions, if we're honest about it).
The five day Test game will always be the serious form of cricket for me. Watching a great batsman build an innings over a whole day, or a day and a half, patiently, eye on the ball for hundreds of balls, punishing anything short, not being lured into edging the tempting ones. Is there anything more beautiful than a perfectly timed cover drive, the ball speeding away to the rope? Or watching an aggressive fast bowler like Michael Holding at work; or a cunning fox of a spinner like Warne. That will always be what satisfying cricket is about. For me, anyway.
I do make a distinction between the two forms of the one-day game, though. T20 hardly interests me. It is very obviously cricket designed for the soundbite age, the age of short attention spans, the age of satellite tv, which is where the money is. I can't be bothered with it. Half the time, the batting seems to be so much tonking.
The fifty overs format has always interested me, since the days when I watched Clive Lloyd or indeed David Lloyd doing their stuff. But it still takes second place to the full format. Agreed — when five-day cricket (or the shorter county version) is boring, it's very, very boring. What's amazing, though, is the way it can be turned around. An hour of grinding boredom, and suddenly half an hour when there's fireworks everywhere.

The Irish putting up a decent effort this evening. Chasing 329, they're on 213-1 at the moment. 116 more needed off 16 overs. 7.25 per over. I'd say they'll be very disappointed if they don't get the job done, specially with nine wickets in hand.

Ireland deserved that victory. They have some talented cricketers and their future looks bright.

well played ireland better team today, but england shocking and AGAIN how does moeen ali get in this england team ????? does nothing with bat or ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.