******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare and contrast the first test against the Windies to the next two. While the two (Pak & Win) attacks are not comparable in quality, I think England will learn. Eng 1st innings was like a rabbit in the headlights and I reckon they'll be more disciplined/cautious in the 2nd inn. Time or RR isn't a factor.

It's not an easy task by any stretch, against what is clearly a quality bowling line up. But there is enough batting in the Eng side to get us over the line. Win or lose, I'm looking forward to a great(hopefully couple of) days cricket.

I do agree that the balance is still in Pakistan's favour, imo around 70/30. But at 12/3 Eng and 100/4 Pak we looked dead and buried, Guess it's what we love about test cricket, ain't over till it's over :)

Great reply, and agreed throughout.
And yep, test is best!

31 runs not bad by England the way they started though they were going to get 300+ just wacking it.

Problem with our two openers is they are so defensive that we won’t get a good start. They need to look busy positive take every run don’t sit in.

Ouch... Thought Holding had a point yesterday about the consistency of what's given out and what's not. When it's clear that there's next to nothing difference in height/line then the "umpires call" will be the deciding factor. Perhaps I'm just bitter :)

Ouch... Thought Holding had a point yesterday about the consistency of what's given out and what's not. When it's clear that there's next to nothing difference in height/line then the "umpires call" will be the deciding factor. Perhaps I'm just bitter :)

Agree for me there should be no umpire call if the ball is hitting the stumps by less than half a ball it shouldn't be out.

Agreed @discopop. Been a great match so far and hopefully the series continues the theme.

What test cricket is all about. A great strip, day 4, a result is guaranteed and a good knock or a flurry wickets and the pendulum swings back and forth. Love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.