******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just know which way this is going to go, don't you? Kiwis to get a 200 lead or so on the first innings. England to scrape past that, getting about 250 on their second innings. Then a 10 or 9 wicket victory for NZ on the final day with time to spare. I just don't see how this is panning out any other way.

My figures were way out. But my basic prognosis was right. Didn't expect the Kiwis to have two days to do it, though.

Ashes later this year will be a total humiliation five zip when ended Root then will quit as captain but for me he should do it NOW!

Ashes later this year will be a total humiliation five zip when ended Root then will quit as captain but for me he should do it NOW!

i been moaning about the ashes for 2 years ? the ECB have done nothing to change things and broad and anderson are still englands only hope. that means we will get battered again and the aussies are laughing

anyway back to the here and now
how poor was england in this test and the first one holding on for a draw ? no spinner seam up and a weak batting line up ? today when england finally bowled them out and NZ started bowling boult first ball used a cutter ? that said it all for me. i was only saying yesterday why not slower bowls or cutters or yorkers by the england bowlers

root is clueless as captain and should never have been given the job in the first place. eoin morgan should have been given both roles has ODI and test cricket captain. then a full time spinner given 2 seasons to settle in and play every game.. test cricket is about the wicket and 5 days and wear and tear and your spinner comes into the game at some stage

how many times in the past 4 years have england played a spinner ? forget part time moeen ali or root
how many times have england picket 4 or 5 wicket keepers in the batting line up. you only get better at test cricket by playing it ? chop and changing and covering holes in the batting with wicket keepers and part time spinners

am i shocked about today nope. i knew it was coming and i fear its only going to get worst

i been moaning about the ashes for 2 years ? the ECB have done nothing to change things and broad and anderson are still englands only hope. that means we will get battered again and the aussies are laughing

anyway back to the here and now
how poor was england in this test and the first one holding on for a draw ? no spinner seam up and a weak batting line up ? today when england finally bowled them out and NZ started bowling boult first ball used a cutter ? that said it all for me. i was only saying yesterday why not slower bowls or cutters or yorkers by the england bowlers

root is clueless as captain and should never have been given the job in the first place. eoin morgan should have been given both roles has ODI and test cricket captain. then a full time spinner given 2 seasons to settle in and play every game.. test cricket is about the wicket and 5 days and wear and tear and your spinner comes into the game at some stage

how many times in the past 4 years have england played a spinner ? forget part time moeen ali or root
how many times have england picket 4 or 5 wicket keepers in the batting line up. you only get better at test cricket by playing it ? chop and changing and covering holes in the batting with wicket keepers and part time spinners

am i shocked about today nope. i knew it was coming and i fear its only going to get worst

agree with all that but seems the ecb has written of all the test matches this summer and all efforts are in the 20/20 one dayers no wonder the mentality from half the times wasn’t there!

Well who will bother turning up tomorrow for less than a sessions play. With alcohol expensive at the ground you would be better employed going to your local.
Shouldn't imagine Warwickshire are too pleased having employed staff and ordered food and drink.

agree with all that but seems the ecb has written of all the test matches this summer and all efforts are in the 20/20 one dayers no wonder the mentality from half the times wasn’t there!

i truly hate having a pop at root and the england cricket team. because the ECB are clueless and don't care anymore about test cricket. clearly 4 years ago england got a battering down under, you would think something would have been done to make sure in 4 years time it will not happen again ?

well am afraid nothing as changed or been done and now the test team is in meltdown ?
change is to late and all hopes hang on 2 players in stokes and archer. stokes walks right back into the team vs India but archer is a injury doubt not only for the this summer but the ashes

if i had any sort of power at the ECB i would ask jimmy anderson/stuart broad to retire. because your not going to the ashes. then sack joe root as captain and bring in eoin morgan and both sam curran and chris woakes
also going out of the test line up would be crawley/sibley and ask joe root to bat at 3 and then bring in sam billings at 4 or 5

but we all know root will still be captain in the next 6 months and all the changes i just brought up will not happen and we will lose the ashes by christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.