******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pity. Was looking forward to this Test, too. There was a bit of me thinking it might actually have been Anderson's last Test match at Old Trafford, as there is no Test scheduled there for next year and he could already be 41 by the time the Test season starts in 2023.

Just hope the players from both teams are safe and well.

Wasn't it restored to an England win a few years later on? Assuming you're referring to the 2006 match at the Oval.
It was given an England win shortly after, then in 2008 a draw, series win changed from 3-0 to 2-0.

I'm not sure it was changed back, but the draw was given when no one was any longer bothered about it but Pakistan.

From the BBC - it's all down to money...

BBC cricket correspondent Jonathan Agnew

This is quite bizarre because last night the players all passed their PCR tests. We went to bed thinking the match would go ahead.

I suspect the IPL would have a lot to do with this. It starts in 10 days' time. The players are on huge contacts. The IPL is worth £300m to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).

They are desperate to protect their product and the players protect their contracts. This stands to cost the ECB £20m, one assumes there would be some negotiations about that with the BCCI.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58512624

It was given an England win shortly after, then in 2008 a draw, series win changed from 3-0 to 2-0.

I'm not sure it was changed back, but the draw was given when no one was any longer bothered about it but Pakistan.
The MCC protested and the win was finally given to England but you're right the umpires said England, the ICC said draw then England.

One team doesn't want to play = cancelled.
Any other sport= forfeited.
The pussy footing around in cricket is laughable.

I dont follow cricket but the pussy footy around isn't just in cricket is it. Think football gives it a good run from coach attacks to fans breaking into stadiums.

Certain teams and countries teams in some sports are treated differently to others.

Hard to imagine the hugely likable Kohli would have had any input in this. Goes almost without saying, that none of the Indian side will be trying to get to see "The Great Return" at old toilet tommow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.