******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening All

As my username suggests I love cricket.
I work for Lancs during the season, I am part of the scoring team for matchdays that feeds into the 2 big replay screens we have.
So next time your at lancs you know who to blame when the score is wrong!
Im also a big blue and that's my 2nd love after cricket. I have a season ticket for the east stand.

As regards the Ashes it's going to be extremely tough, it always is down there but I certainly don't think it will be as bad as people are suggesting.
Stokes back is obviously huge and Root always delivers but the other batsman will have to significantly up their game to challenge.
And that's going to be a tough ask against Cummins, Hazelwood and Starc in their own backyard. The batting has been a bit flimsy off late, let's hope we can improve and bring some winter cheer.
Anyway my prediction is 2 1 Australia with 2 draws.
Are you the poster formerly known as BlueMatt?

Struggle to see how our bowling line up takes 20 wickets consistently. We're gonna need Root to pile on the runs to give us any chance.

Struggle to see how our bowling line up takes 20 wickets consistently. We're gonna need Root to pile on the runs to give us any chance.

About getting the runs get the runs pressure mounts when you bowl and the Aussies batting ain’t that great.

Weather looks a bit dodgy over the next 3 days, in fact it's more like English conditions. Overcast,damp and apparently a green top only 17-19c too.

Winning the toss will be key
Looked very green from the pictures I saw today, I imagine it would still deteriorate on days 4 and 5 (weather permitting)............

Depends if our bowlers can pitch it up more than they normally do and our batsmen step back more often on Aus dry Rock hard pitches
You know play to the conditions.
They don't normally.

Think I'll watch the 1st session live, more in hope than expectation. I keep reading both teams have weak batting line ups but Warner, Labuschagne and Smith walk into the England top order no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.