******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble is our captain is our best batter.
It’s been mentioned several times but our 4 day game doesn’t even get played at the height of summer any more.
Even the 50 over is being relegated to a second X1 tournament if last year is a thing to go by.
Cricket must come back to free to air too and get rid of that monster 100 farce.
Thing is the farce is probably bringing in more money

Said it before.Silverwood and Root need replacing.Hussain should be the coach /manager.As for no one else to pick from well we cant go on picking Burns,Hameed,Pope etc because there is no one else.
Billings came in and did better than Buttler.This lot have had there chance lets pick some new talent and give them a chance.
The following should stay.
Crawley,Root,Stokes,Wood,Broad,Robinson Not sure Jimmy should carry on.
The following need never play for England again.
Burns,Malan,Bairstow,Pope,Hameed,Leach.
I would definately bring in Vince as captain and Foakes as keeper.
The rest is for new management to select and stick by as long as they improve.
At the moment we have batting line up devoid of basic technique.
Harsh on Bairstow and Malan. I wouldn’t give up on Pope and Hameed just yet, though I have my doubts that the latter is good enough for test cricket.

And Vince as captain?

He’s another who has flattered to deceive at the highest level.

Stokes is someone who needs to start delivering more consistently.

I think historically one reason that fast bowlers weren't often test captains was that their natural fielding position was in the deep so they got a rest. They were too far away to be able to see what was going on at the wicket.

It's changed a bit as the forms of sloggit require them to be able to chase and field, but you still usually see them on the boundary.

Not a great number field close even now.

Honestly, the biggest concern isn't that we're shit, it's that the only vaguely good enough players are the same guys we've been using for a decade. No one knew has come in and cemented a place in the team, at all, with bat or ball. Our development has just stopped, the team in 4 years is going to be hilariously bad at this rate unless people just come out of nowhere

Should have come home after the 1st ball.

sadly it was over after that first ball duck for burns in the first test. you knew straight away we feared facing them and the batting was shocking. 5.0 4.0 4.0 last 3 ashes down under ? something major is wrong and if the ECB don't redress it right now then we could burn another set of ashes only this time you will need a bigger urn

You must love the contortions that Burns gets into then!
Mate, I don’t often watch cricket these days. The last time I watched properly was Flntoffs Ashes. When I do look at it these days I’m sometimes in awe of some of the shots they play but then aghast that they cant seem to return to basics. Forward defensive stroke, back foot defensive stroke, how and when to execute them perfectly. It used to be just bread and butter.

Honestly, the biggest concern isn't that we're shit, it's that the only vaguely good enough players are the same guys we've been using for a decade. No one knew has come in and cemented a place in the team, at all, with bat or ball. Our development has just stopped, the team in 4 years is going to be hilariously bad at this rate unless people just come out of nowhere

the trouble is we are only good in england with our conditions and its seen good enough for the ECB
you know australia will play really well in the next ashes in england in 2 years time ? india/new zealand beat us last summer on our own patch. did anybody mention covid-19 bubbles and restrictions for both of them playing away from home

ECB and england are a laughing stock of test cricket and the truth is this once great test country fear by the rest of the world don't give a shit anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.