******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daft that. Great fielding though.
It is one of the more baffling dismissals in test cricket. Why would you take on an even slightly risky run in test cricket, particularly on day 1? Time isn't an issue. And if you're gambling on the fielder's arm, that's crazy. Fielders today are, on the whole, top notch. And they work and work and work on fielding drills in training. Also, Chase had nearly two stumps (one and a half?) to throw at, rather than being square on and only having the one stump to aim at. Not taking anything away from him, mind. It was a cracking pick up and throw.

It is one of the more baffling dismissals in test cricket. Why would you take on an even slightly risky run in test cricket, particularly on day 1? Time isn't an issue. And if you're gambling on the fielder's arm, that's crazy. Fielders today are, on the whole, top notch. And they work and work and work on fielding drills in training. Also, Chase had nearly two stumps (one and a half?) to throw at, rather than being square on and only having the one stump to aim at. Not taking anything away from him, mind. It was a cracking pick up and throw.

Absolutely.
As a decision in the first session of a 5 day match, I can’t fathom it at all.

Absolutely.
As a decision in the first session of a 5 day match, I can’t fathom it at all.
And from the captain, as well. Up there with nails scraped down a blackboard or polystyrene pieces being rubbed together on the annoyance scale, for me. Why do it?If they were chasing, say, 80 runs in the last hour on day 5 to win the test, then yeah. You could understand it. Grrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.