******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was replaced by Mo who took 8 wickets and was the highest run scorer. Bess needs to learn that you can't bowl the shit that he does over a long period of time and be successful. He's done ok for a player of his age but he has been aided by some bizarre wickets and batsmen going after his bad balls and messing up. He rarely bowls an over that doesn't include 2 bad balls, you won't get away with that for long in India.

I would have replaced Mo for Lawrence, two quicks are enough on such tracks where there is so much assistance for spinners. Bess is will learn with time

Good to see that Silverwood has accepted the Moeen announced was screwed up.
Good to see them go back on it, Root did so too.
But the fact it happened and the way it was done so differently to others tells us all we need to know. The England cricket team has nearly always been a boys club where if your face fits and you’re a certain type you’ll be grand. If you’re Mo, Trott, KP etc you will be treated differently to the posh boys.
English cricket has been superb these past couple of years, they’ve got so many things right but this is a stinker.

It’s a Gamble but I’d play Anderson and Broad and Bess instead of Leach who on a massive spinning pitch was average rather have a younger Bess in there who can bat also Root needs to Bowls more.

Crawley
Sibley
Bairstow
Roots (Bowls)(Capt)
Pope
Stokes (Bowls)(VC)
Faulkes (WK)
Bess (Bowls)
Archer (Bowls)
Broad (Bowls)
Anderson (Bowls)

Well my team pick was spot on apart from Leach for Bess even Straus said he don’t understand why Bess isn’t playing. Probably Leach gets in because he is left handed spinner something different but I feel Bess would get similar amount of wicket and he would get more runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.