******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why they can't do both? This is the ECB trying to rest and rotate the IPL players, I'm sure if Buttler, Moeen, Bairstow etc. had the chance to play for England this past fortnight instead of playing in the Blast then they would have.

I think the suggestion was in general - this year would have been different because the IPL was suspended rather than running to the end of May.

The returning IPLers were only cleared on about 17th May - only just over 2 weeks before the first test. I assume that preparations and planning for the summer was already in place - they'd have had to play both county games to have seen a red ball before the NZ matches, and as it happened I don't think any of the three you mentioned played in either. That might have been as a result of not being in the test matches, but seems to have just left them not playing anything which seems odd.

New Zealand are a better team than us right now.
There's a reason why they're playing the World Test Championship Final soon.

We have some good young talent that needs to be coached and mature. In particular with the bat.

Bringing back Stokes and Buttler will make a big difference.
Lets hope so

There's Something wrong with the selection, how does Bess get called into the squad? I had just watched Parkinson out bowl him in the roses match. Bess never looked like taking a wicket, and only picked up one caught in the deep when Lancs were looking to declare. Yet Parkinson was a threat and kept it tight.

There's Something wrong with the selection, how does Bess get called into the squad? I had just watched Parkinson out bowl him in the roses match. Bess never looked like taking a wicket, and only picked up one caught in the deep when Lancs were looking to declare. Yet Parkinson was a threat and kept it tight.
Because Parkinson can’t bat or field

Because Parkinson can’t bat or field
Didn't realise being able to bat or field was a requirement even for the batsman in the team. Parkinson is a far better bowler than Bess, who's averaging 40 odd in the Championship. I'd rather have a wrist spinner in the team, or squad than some average off spinner.

Didn't realise being able to bat or field was a requirement even for the batsman in the team. Parkinson is a far better bowler than Bess, who's averaging 40 odd in the Championship. I'd rather have a wrist spinner in the team, or squad than some average off spinner.
Problem is the selectors/management don't trust the batsmen.
I said yesterday Parky is the modern day Tuffers. So playing Jimmy, Broad and Parky is basically playing three number 11s. Same applies for Leach.

Problem is the selectors/management don't trust the batsmen.
I said yesterday Parky is the modern day Tuffers. So playing Jimmy, Broad and Parky is basically playing three number 11s. Same applies for Leach.
I get what you are saying but Bess isn't going to win games for England bowling teams out in the 2nd innings. Neither Anderson or Broad should go to Aus, we need pace, and I'd rather have a leg spinner in the team than either Bess or Leach over there.

I get what you are saying but Bess isn't going to win games for England bowling teams out in the 2nd innings. Neither Anderson or Broad should go to Aus, we need pace, and I'd rather have a leg spinner in the team than either Bess or Leach over there.
Don't disagree generally, just sayin the batting is awful so they won't play Parky.
I'd take Broad and Anderson, but definitely play two of Wood, Archer and Stone (his fitness worries me).
I'd also take Saqib Mahmood. Seems to have gained a yard watching the Roses game.
I'd also play Foakes. Best glove man by a distance.

Don't disagree generally, just sayin the batting is awful so they won't play Parky.
I'd take Broad and Anderson, but definitely play two of Wood, Archer and Stone (his fitness worries me).
I'd also take Saqib Mahmood. Seems to have gained a yard watching the Roses game.
I'd also play Foakes. Best glove man by a distance.
Agree about Foakes and Mahmood, he's bowling quick and has been reversing it at pace this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.