******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warwickshire need to not win and that’s looking much more likely than it was.
It's a surprising situation and Warks need to do something soon as there is only about 130 overs left in the game. They'll need to leave enough time to tempt Somerset into chasing, so if they score at 5 an over in their innings for 50 overs, leaving 80 overs for Somerset to get 250? Looking like Warks still in the box seat but this looks like it will be a very anxious wait for Lancs if they can get over the line. Still a way to go.

Last edited:
It's a surprising situation and Warks need to do something soon as there is only about 130 overs left in the game. They'll need to leave enough time to tempt Somerset into chasing, so if they score at 5 an over in their innings for 50 overs, leaving 80 overs for Somerset to get 250? Looking like Warks still in the box seat but this looks like it will be a very anxious wait for Lancs if they can get over the line. Still a way to go.

i'd say the winner of our game will win the title, big effort and a lot of luck needed for warks to turn this around

i'd say the winner of our game will win the title, big effort and a lot of luck needed for warks to turn this around
Think it’s just about doable for Warwickshire still but they would need to score at around 5 runs an over for 50-60 overs. That would probably give them just enough time to take 10 Somerset wickets. I’m assuming Somerset with nothing to play for may fold a little. Obviously that’s all academic if Hampshire beat us in our game.

Think it’s just about doable for Warwickshire still but they would need to score at around 5 runs an over for 50-60 overs. That would probably give them just enough time to take 10 Somerset wickets. I’m assuming Somerset with nothing to play for may fold a little. Obviously that’s all academic if Hampshire beat us in our game.
They've started at 4 an over so they obviously see the need to get some runs on the board tonight so they can push on tomorrow morning. I still think they'll get close to winning that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.