******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ********The Ashes********

Read some interesting quotes from Beefie recently saying England will wallop the Ozzies 5-0 and if we played 10 tests it would be 10-0, Im surprised at him to be honest, he's certainly up there with my cricketing heroes but I think he is way off the mark if he thinks we will thrash the Ozzies out of sight, that said I hope he is right... Alas I think not 2-1 to England for me..

It's a bit like City v United on here for some people. This Aussie team is nothing like any in the past, they will not win a test.

If England had any kind of decent form coming in I would say 5-0 but we haven't been at our best for a while so I'll say 3-0 with weather playing a part.

Pieterson and Swann

Watson and Starc

In real terms I am lumping on Trott to be top scorer at 8/1

Blue Til Death said:
Read some interesting quotes from Beefie recently saying England will wallop the Ozzies 5-0 and if we played 10 tests it would be 10-0, Im surprised at him to be honest, he's certainly up there with my cricketing heroes but I think he is way off the mark if he thinks we will thrash the Ozzies out of sight, that said I hope he is right... Alas I think not 2-1 to England for me..

Beefie loves to slate the Aussies as much as he possibly can thats why!!! I love him, he is always full of great comments and insults against them. His ongoing feud with Chapell is quality as well. Supposed to have kicked off in the last series in Oz at the Adelaide test! I think he has also said we would win even if it was on Mars! All about hyping it up and putting the convicts under as much pressure as possible!

4-0 England, Australia were humiliated in India, cant do homework, sacked Arthur last week and only have 1 decent batsman (who has been injured and doesnt have a great record in England).

Cook, Jimmy
Clarke, Pattinson

As much as I agree with the sentiments here, I can't shake the English / City pessimism that I have ingrained in me.

You dont corner a wounded animal, and the aussies are born winners.

Whilst I see us winning the series, I think it will be a close run thing. 2-1 maybe? The weather will have a great part to play.

Trent Bridge will suit them more than us I think and if they get off to a winning start it may be a tricky one.

Im going to go for Cook and Jimmy and Watson and Starc I think.

I also hope root does well, but if he doesnt start great hope we dont give him the hook early doors.

I don't want it to be easy I want a tight series edge if your seat cricket! I have feeling it will be a draw 2-2

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
waspish said:
I don't want it to be easy I want a tight series edge if your seat cricket! I have feeling it will be a draw 2-2

Best wait for when England play South Africa then.

Do you really think its going to be easy? Our batting has not looked the best recently and we have been losing clusters of wickets for a low score also the Aussie bowling looks pretty good it will all depend how they play under pressure for me..

waspish said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
waspish said:

Best wait for when England play South Africa then.

Do you really think its going to be easy? Our batting has not looked the best recently and we have been losing clusters of wickets for a low score also the Aussie bowling looks pretty good it will all depend how they play under pressure for me..

Yes i do, i think we are better in every aspect of the game and only 1 or 2 of the Aussies would get in a combined side of the 2 teams, Clarke and maybe a seamer - although none of their seamers are fit to lace Jimmy's boots. It used to be the other way around, McGrath famously saying a combined team would be 11 Aussies and Darren Gough as 12th man. We beat them 3-1 in their backyard, they arent littered with much new talent since (in fact with Ponting and Hussey retiring they are much weaker), they went to India and got routed 4-0 (just after England had won there) and they are in disarray re team management. Their spinner, he's not even in the same country let alone league as Swann, added to their left arm seamers creating rough for Swann to use against the right handers, as well as the left, we saw how that worked for the Kiwi's in the last test.

As for England losing lots of wickets in clusters, that happens early season in England, the ball was moving about quite a bit, we still won the series (i happen to think the Kiwi attack is as good as the Aussie one)

I have backed my feelings with my money. 4-0, 3-0 and 3-1 to England, Cook top scorer, Jimmy top wicket taker, England to win series and England to win first test.

Time to shed off 30 years of Ashes hurt and start to believe... (bit like it was with City after the take over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.