******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ********The Ashes********

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
waspish said:
Best wait for when England play South Africa then.

Do you really think its going to be easy? Our batting has not looked the best recently and we have been losing clusters of wickets for a low score also the Aussie bowling looks pretty good it will all depend how they play under pressure for me..

Yes i do, i think we are better in every aspect of the game and only 1 or 2 of the Aussies would get in a combined side of the 2 teams, Clarke and maybe a seamer - although none of their seamers are fit to lace Jimmy's boots. It used to be the other way around, McGrath famously saying a combined team would be 11 Aussies and Darren Gough as 12th man. We beat them 3-1 in their backyard, they arent littered with much new talent since (in fact with Ponting and Hussey retiring they are much weaker), they went to India and got routed 4-0 (just after England had won there) and they are in disarray re team management. Their spinner, he's not even in the same country let alone league as Swann, added to their left arm seamers creating rough for Swann to use against the right handers, as well as the left, we saw how that worked for the Kiwi's in the last test.

As for England losing lots of wickets in clusters, that happens early season in England, the ball was moving about quite a bit, we still won the series (i happen to think the Kiwi attack is as good as the Aussie one)

I have backed my feelings with my money. 4-0, 3-0 and 3-1 to England, Cook top scorer, Jimmy top wicket taker, England to win series and England to win first test.

Time to shed off 30 years of Ashes hurt and start to believe... (bit like it was with City after the take over)

Love us playing the Aussies and beating them but winning to comfortably will in away make it boring

waspish said:
waspish said:
Do you really think its going to be easy? Our batting has not looked the best recently and we have been losing clusters of wickets for a low score also the Aussie bowling looks pretty good it will all depend how they play under pressure for me..

Yes i do, i think we are better in every aspect of the game and only 1 or 2 of the Aussies would get in a combined side of the 2 teams, Clarke and maybe a seamer - although none of their seamers are fit to lace Jimmy's boots. It used to be the other way around, McGrath famously saying a combined team would be 11 Aussies and Darren Gough as 12th man. We beat them 3-1 in their backyard, they arent littered with much new talent since (in fact with Ponting and Hussey retiring they are much weaker), they went to India and got routed 4-0 (just after England had won there) and they are in disarray re team management. Their spinner, he's not even in the same country let alone league as Swann, added to their left arm seamers creating rough for Swann to use against the right handers, as well as the left, we saw how that worked for the Kiwi's in the last test.

As for England losing lots of wickets in clusters, that happens early season in England, the ball was moving about quite a bit, we still won the series (i happen to think the Kiwi attack is as good as the Aussie one)

I have backed my feelings with my money. 4-0, 3-0 and 3-1 to England, Cook top scorer, Jimmy top wicket taker, England to win series and England to win first test.

Time to shed off 30 years of Ashes hurt and start to believe... (bit like it was with City after the take over)

Love us playing the Aussies and beating them but winning to comfortably will in away make it boring

Did you watch them beat us 5-0??? Did it look boring for them??? I think we owe them a good beating (or 5).

waspish said:

Did you watch them beat us 5-0??? Did it look boring for them??? I think we owe them a good beating (or 5).

Of course It wasn't boring for the players it's the watching public

waspish said:
waspish said:

Come on waspish
Personally i want to smash them to smitheerns,tear every last one of them a fucking new arsehole for all the past pain they have inflicted on us
I really do think the public would enjoy that trust me
Still think it will be a bit closer though,but we will win i'm in no doubt about that at all
Also agree with paul that only Clarke would get in our side..

waspish said:
waspish said:

I got a lot of shit from the couple of Aussies i know. They were awful and got worse and worse as each loss happened, their fans were going crazy all the way through, it was awful to watch on the TV. I planned to go, thank god i didnt, the 2 lads in my cricket club said it was rammed down their throats by everyone and anyone, all the time.

supercity88 said:
Blue Til Death said:
Read some interesting quotes from Beefie recently saying England will wallop the Ozzies 5-0 and if we played 10 tests it would be 10-0, Im surprised at him to be honest, he's certainly up there with my cricketing heroes but I think he is way off the mark if he thinks we will thrash the Ozzies out of sight, that said I hope he is right... Alas I think not 2-1 to England for me..

Beefie loves to slate the Aussies as much as he possibly can thats why!!! I love him, he is always full of great comments and insults against them. His ongoing feud with Chapell is quality as well. Supposed to have kicked off in the last series in Oz at the Adelaide test! I think he has also said we would win even if it was on Mars! All about hyping it up and putting the convicts under as much pressure as possible!
True
Goes back to the 70's that feud when beefy sparked the twat clean out...
He fucking hates us with a passion does chappell

I do think the Aussies will win one test. But I think we wi trounce them in the others.

I said this in the England thread that this Australian side is the worst ive ever seen in my lifetime and are nowhere near good enough to beat England. Only Clarke would be good enough to get in the England side

They got absolutely battered in India just a couple of months after England won there
Their batting is average at best(apart from Clarke) and although they have a decent bowling attack its young and inexperienced

4-0 England

This would be my starting 11 for Wednesday

Cook
Root
Trott
KP
Bell
Prior
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Finn

If we win the toss i would expect us to bat first and put the Aussie bowlers under pressure,pile on the runs and then unleash the bowlers. Swann will be key for the Aussie 2nd inning because by then the pitch will be ripe for spin and Australia have a few left handers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.