******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ********The Winter Ashes********

They have a sports round up programme over here and the "journalists" are seething, they really cannot stand the English players, calling them arrogant,cocky and only one of them had the guts too say they remind him of the great Aussie sides that went about their business. This brought a frothing jim Maxwell nobody jour no to state he cant stand Broad and would love to pull Jimmys eyes out as that old bully Hayden had said to him when he spoke about the bowlers.

What a bunch of absolute wanders and I really hope we keep it going, might be a long summer for theses pricks

Chipmeister said:
They have a sports round up programme over here and the "journalists" are seething, they really cannot stand the English players, calling them arrogant,cocky and only one of them had the guts too say they remind him of the great Aussie sides that went about their business. This brought a frothing jim Maxwell nobody jour no to state he cant stand Broad and would love to pull Jimmys eyes out as that old bully Hayden had said to him when he spoke about the bowlers.

What a bunch of absolute wanders and I really hope we keep it going, might be a long summer for theses pricks

The English media said the same of Hayden, Langer, Ponting, Warne, McGrath, etc, nobody likes to lose but the Aussies are especially bad at it.

Yes your right, and they certainly don't like to lose. Its only day one of a five test series and these clowns have lost the plot already. The mind games have been won against the press, so what hope have their players.

Its comical to see their reaction and really want to watch them squirm but a long way to go and in sport anything can happen, but bad losers squirming is fun.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
really let them off the hook in that final session, gave them a slimmer of hope.

It's a perfect batting track.
Every pundit has said that show patience you will score runs, which is what the two Aussies did. The English batsmen have to take note

England need to get the last two out for less than 50 more runs and then occupy the crease for two days

I watched some of it last night. Wasnt too bad. Booing Broad at the start I thought it was a football game lol. He shut them up lol. I dont know much about the game but it didnt bore me like I thought it would of lol. Will watch again tonight and then see what happens. I think if the Aussies get 330 that could be a good score they need Haddin to stay there scoring and hope 1 of the remainer stays around long enough for him to score.

Total batting pitch completely.

Once the ball has gone soft after 30 overs, its then down to the batsmen to just concentrate as Haddin and Johnson proved.

No irregular bounce, no swing no nothing and the Aussies said we doctored our pitches?

Hopefully Cook will stick to his usual game and then he should be like a pig in shit with this pitch.

Would be great to bowl them out early doors then be patient with the bat and put on a big big typical Gabba score. Bowl the Aussies out cheaply again and win by an innings! Would be a belter to win the first test and end their record at the Gabba. Sets us up very nicely as Adelaide is hard to call and Perth, well we never win in Perth!

It's hilarious. They single out Broad as the weak link, abuse him for weeks in the media, boo him when he comes on to bowl expecting him to go to bits and then he smashes them. I think they thought because Johnson has the mental strength of a sponge that all players go to bits when booed.

A very decent day's Cricket from the one hour highlights show I have seen on Sky.

When I went to bed last night with around an hour gone I expected to wake up and see the score around 300 for 3 or 4. England did what they had to do and just bowled consistently and waited as the Matilda's top order threw away wicket after wicket. A decent comeback from Haddin and Johnston after Tea.

If it was on points and scored out of 10; I would go for England 6 v Aussies 4.

With our Batting line up and such a docile pitch though I could possibly be being a bit over generous to the Aussies.

jimharri said:
ManCityTom said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
really let them off the hook in that final session, gave them a slimmer of hope.

Are you always such a negative fucker?

Great day for England!
He has a point though; the Aussies were (from memory) 112/6. You were looking at a total of under 200 at that point. Now; they may (repeat MAY), if the tail wags, scrape up to 320-350. That's lot of extra runs. Still a very good day for England mind, just not as good as it might have been.

In terms of winning the game, I expected from 132/6 that we would bowl them out for under 200, meaning a 1st innings score of 400 would give a comfortably lead. Now they are at 300 virtually that will take it up to at least 500, and for an unassailable lead we will need 550/600, something we haven't been doing much of recently as a batting line-up. We also need to leave time to bowl the Aussies out again, and I doubt they will bat that badly again.

Thus I can see us needing 150-200 to win on the final day, which oddly seeing recent England history makes me more uncomfortable than us having to bat out the day with minimal hope of reaching a 400/450 target.

It's not overly negative but we would be in a much stronger position if we'd kept that momentum going and had been batting by the close of play tomorrow, the Aussies have given themselves a little hook to hang onto so we will have to bat well from the start after hopefully knocking them over for less than 300, don't give them any milestones to cling onto, 1-0 up to us with a dominant win sets the tone for the series, never underestimate the home team on your travels. We have plenty of recent City experiences away from home so that affects the psyche a little bit as a fan ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.