******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ********The Winter Ashes********

foetus said:
ManCityTom said:
Currently in the hotel in perth
After the Adelaide nightmare this was slightly better only due to Stokes though.
The Aussies are worse than the fucking rags aswell.
Firstly, I find that deeply, deeply offensive

Secondly, have there been any city flags in the grounds representing us? I unfortunately saw a rag flag a few days ago.

Apologies about that but they have the same win at all cost no sense off humour attitude in the ground out of it their fine and friendly.

Yeah their is a couple of city flags bouncing around and quite a lot of city fans.

Leeds seems to be the most represented here though.

Also the KFC bucket head advert their promoting should be permanently banned and never mentioned again.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
ManCityTom said:
The Aussies are worse than the fucking rags aswell.

No, they aren't - no set of fans are worse than that lot.
Congratulations to Australia - they out-thought England and outplayed them in every department and thoroughly deserve their success and celebrations.
Have to agree. England helped them a lot but they look like a side coming back.
Doesn't mean im happy about the 7000 facebook messages I am getting at the moment off my convict mates

Also don't get me wrong the Aussies completely deserved to win.
Highlights of the day are Stokes's first 100
Nathan Lyon doing his 118 impression after being encouraged by the barmy army
Also Billy the trumpeter going non-stop must have lungs of steel.

We've given it out over the last 3 ashes series when we've won, so gotta take it on the chin and congratulate the Aussies on playing so well. I dont think it needs wholesale changes for England, we still have some top players their who unfortunately have all played badly together. Jimmy has been very subdued, Prior, Cook and Petersons batting has been awful. All in all very disapointing but i think they can turn it around in the long run.

All the senior players failed to perform - a long hard look is required to see if we can replace them with better players. No changes for punishment sake, just changes for better players - which includes better mental strength of course.

willipp said:
We've given it out over the last 3 ashes series when we've won, so gotta take it on the chin and congratulate the Aussies on playing so well. I dont think it needs wholesale changes for England, we still have some top players their who unfortunately have all played badly together. Jimmy has been very subdued, Prior, Cook and Petersons batting has been awful. All in all very disapointing but i think they can turn it around in the long run.

Prior's batting has been well and truly sussed out, new zealand and Australia have made a mug out of him lately, might need to start looking at replacements, not that any come to mind at moment. Jimmy looked dead after the first 2 tests in summer, needs a good rest. Cook I think needs to give up the captaincy and get back to what he is world class at.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
willipp said:

Prior's batting has been well and truly sussed out, new zealand and Australia have made a mug out of him lately, might need to start looking at replacements, not that any come to mind at moment. Jimmy looked dead after the first 2 tests in summer, needs a good rest. Cook I think needs to give up the captaincy and get back to what he is world class at.

I do think the squad do look absolutely shattered and seems to be reflected in their almost lazy attitude and play. I was told by someone this morning that the majority of the squad have spent over 250 nights this year in hotels, so if that is true then you can imagine complete burnout for those players.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
willipp said:

I don't think he's been found out he's just woefully out of form,and that's been all year
& with the gloves too
Biggest dissapointment of the series has been K.P who has given his wicket away at every opurtunity.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
willipp said:

Bairstow is next in the list to go behind the stumps
But if Buttler does good at Lancashire next season he could also be near the front of the queue

KP also needs a long hard look at himself and needs to decide if it's time to start playing for the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.