Cricket Thread

Bookies would have been out of business had Lancs and Manchester Wotsits both won on the same day.

Didn’t they reach the final at some point?
The men have been runners up twice (2022 and 2023). The best the women have managed is 5th, 3 years ago. Have to admit I don't remember them. Maybe because I have no interest in this abomination of a competition.

Like many on here, I’m a traditionalist but let’s not pretend that The Hundred is wholly responsible for the erosion of those traditions. This has been decades in the making and it can be traced back to the inception of the T20 in 2003. Since then we’ve seen domestic one day 40 over and 50 over cricket totally sidelined. The Hundred is just another symptom of that. I was there last night - free tickets courtesy of Sky - and despite it being a dead rubber for the Originals there was still a huge crowd on. They weren’t all “new” cricket fans either. There were plenty of older cricket fans there from all backgrounds.

The fucking 100 what’s that all about? I find myself dividing by 6 all the time to get scores back to a basis I understand. I have an affinity with Lancashire as I was born in Manchester but the Manchester Originals have nothing to do with Manchester, it’s just a shit franchise. The most unnecessary competition ever, and will help destroy county cricket even more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.