Cricket Thread

It was always a bold move appointing Gary Keedy as batting coach.
I've no idea who or if they have a batting coach, but the downhill trend in scores this season is pathetic (though 200 is actually a minor improvement in this game).

I'm surprised that there are people watching in the stands, it must be cheap to get in.

I've no idea who or if they have a batting coach, but the downhill trend in scores this season is pathetic (though 200 is actually a minor improvement in this game).

I'm surprised that there are people watching in the stands, it must be cheap to get in.
Probably mostly members that paid up front in March.

It’s utterly depressing. You can see there’s a lack of confidence, but that’s born out of negative batting creating pressure that they then try to slog their way out of and give their wickets away.

Discarding Parkinson for Hartley is odd too.

We need a class of 92 type scenario to get us out of this death spiral.

Just slightly uncomfortable. Let's get a big lead guys. Remember that we're only on day 3. We want to be batting till the end of the day, and have a lead of at least 400 or so. The Sri Lankans are not getting near that. But I don't want to see another wicket falling in the near future.

Edit: moment of discomfort over. The openers seem to be something to be got over quickly these days!

Last edited:
Just slightly uncomfortable. Let's get a big lead guys. Remember that we're only on day 3. We want to be batting till the end of the day, and have a lead of at least 400 or so. The Sri Lankans are not getting near that. But I don't want to see another wicket falling in the near future.
They should have enough now, I can’t see SL getting nearly 350 runs. Maybe bat for another hour after lunch, then declare.

England will easily get a 400+ run lead. It's just not happening as quickly as expected.

Not sure if you saw it. But Sky just did a good bit of analysis that showed playing short pitch bowling is hardest at Lords out of all the Test grounds in the UK because of inconsistent bounce. The Aussies exploited that last year and the Sri Lankans are employing similar tactics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.