Cricket Thread

kent have conceded 400+ in every 1st innings this season.

aside from when they played lancs and bowled us out for 92.

awful season in all comps...we're spoiled with city being such a well run club, lancs have some good players and good prospects but the management are awful. needs a total overhaul.

The only saving grace here, as was mentioned the other day, is that Kent and Notts are getting smashed as well, so it will run another week to see if they can pull a rabbit out of the hat, as all 3 are going to lose this round of matches

Lancs are going down, aren't they?
Ah well, the one good thing about cricket is that in principle you see the writing on the wall somewhat in advance. There's no cricket equivalent of going to the Britannia, smashing Stoke, having a better goal difference than everyone else from tenth position in the table right down to the bottom, and still being relegated.
It's scant enough consolation.

There's no cricket equivalent of going to the Britannia, smashing Stoke, having a better goal difference than everyone else from tenth position in the table right down to the bottom, and still being relegated.
It's scant enough consolation.
How about being relegated after winning the league the season before, or scoring 100 goals and still going down?

P.S. please stop surreptitiously enjoying Lancs' misfortunes. How are Hertfordshire (is it?) doing?

:-)

How about being relegated after winning the league the season before, or scoring 100 goals and still going down?

P.S. please stop surreptitiously enjoying Lancs' misfortunes. How are Hertfordshire (is it?) doing?

:-)

My friend, you are under a sizeable misapprehension. I saw the Lancs team of Engineer, Lloyd (both of them) etc. If I support any county team, it's Lancs… If I knew how to import “glum emoji” on here I would.

Re. the first item. I've always thought that was just pure class. Nobody's taking that trophy away from us.

giphy.gif

The only saving grace here, as was mentioned the other day, is that Kent and Notts are getting smashed as well, so it will run another week to see if they can pull a rabbit out of the hat, as all 3 are going to lose this round of matches
Even in the barren yrs in the county championship we had some great players which is why we were the one day kings.The players we have now most of them should not be near a Lancashire 1st 1.As someone else said they seem more interested in concerts and hotels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.