Cricket Thread

Assuming that batsman scores half (or nearly half, anyway) the runs in the day (which is a stretch, but we'll run with it); that means there'd be 600 runs in the day (as the "yoof" might say; LOL). In a test match. Nominally 90 overs. That's an average of over 6.5 rpo. There's more chance of me getting Halle Berry's phone number.

Just out of curiosity; what the highest percentage of a stand that a batsman has scored in test cricket. Not counting a batsman who scores a six off his first ball, and gets out next ball!
Not sure, but I remember seeing this a year or so ago.

IMG_6516.jpeg

Assuming that batsman scores half (or nearly half, anyway) the runs in the day (which is a stretch, but we'll run with it); that means there'd be 600 runs in the day (as the "yoof" might say; LOL). In a test match. Nominally 90 overs. That's an average of over 6.5 rpo. There's more chance of me getting Halle Berry's phone number.

Just out of curiosity; what the highest percentage of a stand that a batsman has scored in test cricket. Not counting a batsman who scores a six off his first ball, and gets out next ball!

6.5 runs per over you say?

Screenshot_20240929-131710.png

Remarkably that's exactly what the whole team averaged in the last series in the Rawalpindi Test. Whether a single batsmen can retain that strikerate through such a long period of time though is a challenge even further.

I think if it's going to get done any time soon then this series is a good chance.

Still think we're big favourites here. It's going to be decided by DLS when the rain comes down around 5/6pm and we started very strongly.

We just need a wicket of two in the powerplay and we should be good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.