Cricket Thread

Archer out for the season.
It must be close to the time when England and the media have to accept that he's not going to be available for Test cricket. He's 28 now, and has played over twice as many T20s as long form county/tests.

Not a shock really, Lucky for England the ashes are in our backyard this summer and it will be swing swing swing and more swing, But the ECB should be looking forward to the ashes down under in 2 years' time right now and get some fast bowlers lined up, Forger Archer and Woods because they are injury prone, Raw talent can be worked into something in the time-space until the ashes down under.

England squad: Ben Stokes (Durham captain), James Anderson (Lancashire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Harry Brook (Yorkshire), Zak Crawley (Kent), Ben Duckett (Nottinghamshire), Dan Lawrence (Essex), Jack Leach (Somerset), Ollie Pope (Surrey), Matthew Potts (Durham), Ollie Robinson (Sussex), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Mark Wood (Durham).

Crazy that our main bowling attack is still Anderson and Broad and we will be looking for 40 wickets between them this summer if we want to win the ashes back.

Shame for Archer but since he has come into this England side he has been out 90% of the time because of injuries! If Bowling 4 overs and his elbow flares up tells me he be quitting test match four day cricket and even 50 over cricket!

Archer was fast-tracked for work merits and a passport issue waved for what by ECB, He will not play any form of red ball cricket again for England and only play IPL 20/20 cricket and Hundreds,

The ECB are pipe and sleepers old farts drinking Pimm's and wearing their fancy tie with Panama hats and could not care less about Test Cricket

Shame for Archer but since he has come into this England side he has been out 90% of the time because of injuries! If Bowling 4 overs and his elbow flares up tells me he be quitting test match four day cricket and even 50 over cricket!

I've always had the impression that the desperation to fast-track him into the test squad (didn't they change the rules to allow it?), and then idiotically running him into the ground was close to criminal neglect.

It seems clear that the big problem he's had is that he didn't get professional strengthening coaching young and therefore everything was risking breaking down.
It reminds me of how Flintoff struggled to stay fit in his earlier days but eventually settled down as to how to play.

Archer was fast-tracked for work merits and a passport issue waved for what by ECB, He will not play any form of red ball cricket again for England and only play IPL 20/20 cricket and Hundreds,

The ECB are pipe and sleepers old farts drinking Pimm's and wearing their fancy tie with Panama hats and could not care less about Test Cricket
The ECB prioritise tests more than any other country. It if the public who turned their backs on first class cricket.

The ECB has relegated 50 over cricket.

The ECB prioritise tests more than any other country. It if the public who turned their backs on first class cricket.

The ECB has relegated 50 over cricket.

I think the ECB has done nothing for test cricket in England for 10 years now, that's why the public give up.
There was a time period when Joe Root went 1 win in 17 test and Nobody ever questioned it until it was too late, Only then the ECB had to change it because Root himself questioned it when saying it was time to step down,

I still fear for the ashes this summer, Even with it being in England, Even with the Swing King Jimmy Anderson swan song ashes and I don't think we have enough to take 20 wickets in a Test without a fast bowler, Archer gone, Wood injury prone as well, Anderson can not bowl 10 to 15 overs anymore and it will be 5 at best, Broad is hit and miss and can go for plenty but also has them patches when he will take 3 to 5 wickets in quick time and the crowd roaring him on,

Ollie Robinson will be the Key if he can keep his cool, but he gets a little bit hot under the collar and in the faces too much, but he can also bat a bit as well so 30 to 40 runs at the end could be key,

what I think will happen in the ashes is, The low-scoring test matches will go to the Aussies and when England scores over 450 England will win them test matches,

Lancs just beaten Leicestershite in the T20 with 51 balls to spare.

Had to do a double take when I saw "Matt" Parkinson bowling for Leicestershire, but after searching when that happened, I discovered it's his twin brother Calum, Matt was indeed playing for Lancs.

[Also merged another thread that had been started in April with the posts relevant to this summer from the old (and very long) thread.]

Good win for Lancs, looking like a very strong team especially with the likes of Buttler Jennings and Gleeson to come back in. No doubt most of the big names will be carrying drinks for England come the business end though.

Big test today, win this and we look good for the quarters. Lanky 8/11 due to home advantage and firepower 2-6.

Parky showed a bit of form last game but Saqib stood out on his t20 return, and the NZers aren't bad nor Wood.

All round it ait the 2005 team but it is getting there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.