Cricket Thread

Why agree to play back to back test on the same wicket, it was always going to spin and turn corners

England are very much still in the game and still plenty of time, We just need some runs around the 50 to 70 mark from the remining wickets and i think we can still win, But what is it with spin bowling and our batting and is it a case of well somebody else has got the runs so am not here to defend,

So poor with lazy setups and little movement, You have to play spin respect and don't try to hit every ball, feet movement and play it as late as possible,
We don’t have to agree. Hosts decide venue and pitch.

The rule from ICC on wickets is they have to be fit for 5 days of cricket, Also the umpires can decide the wicket is not good enough and is unplayable
Certainly, but my point still stands. We would never agreed with using this pitch again, had we the choice.

It's Now all about the points in the world rankings
Countries cultivating raging Bunsens isn’t a new concept. It’s always happened in the subcontinent.

We’ve managed to win a test on this pitch and are still in with a fighting chance in this test.

India don’t need pitch advantage anymore as their fast bowlers are probsbly the best in the world.

Why agree to play back to back test on the same wicket, it was always going to spin and turn corners

England are very much still in the game and still plenty of time, We just need some runs around the 50 to 70 mark from the remining wickets and i think we can still win, But what is it with spin bowling and our batting and is it a case of well somebody else has got the runs so am not here to defend,

So poor with lazy setups and little movement, You have to play spin respect and don't try to hit every ball, feet movement and play it as late as possible,
If it was, as you say, common knowledge that the ball was going to turn (and I'm not questioning you, by the way), should our middle order not have been more prepared for what was to come? Dress it up any way you like; 211/2 after 41.2 overs collapsing to into 225/6 in the space of 3 overs is piss poor. Do they not face spin in the pre match warm up in the nets?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.