Cristian Zapata

Not good enough IMO. He is a signing of 2 years ago. If he's going at a cheap deal then I'd take him for squad. I'd rather we go all out for Mats Hummels, who for me is alot better than Subotic, and has alot more potential. Immense young defender, who has everything!

citizens_1976 said:
Not good enough IMO. He is a signing of 2 years ago. If he's going at a cheap deal then I'd take him for squad. I'd rather we go all out for Mats Hummels, who for me is alot better than Subotic (the man being mentioned on here alot!) Immense young defender, who has everything!

Any opinion on Sakho?

Hummels and Subotic are both excellent defenders however Hummels is the more technical of the 2 and can also play in midfield. If City are interested in either of these then there are a number of options bearing in mind the wealth the club has.

Option 1: Go for both of them for say £50-60 Million and chuck in Kolo if needed. Then play both together from the off next season and move Kompany into midfield and put Barry on the bench. This would see Kolo probably 2nd or even 3rd choice at either RB or CB!!

Option 2: As above but use Boateng if needed to complete the deal. Kolo becomes cover at right back.

Option 3: Buy Subotic only. This depends on how you view Kompany's playing style and whether you see him as Hummels. CB pairing Kompany and Subotic, Boateng and Subotic. If we buy him he is a definite starter at the behest of Kolo.

Option 4: Buy Hummels only. This depends on how you view Kompany's playing style and whether you see him as Subotic. CB pair could be Boateng and Hummels, Hummels and Kompany. If we buy him he is a definite starter at the behest of Kolo.

Hummels and Subotic are so good together but I would say that Subotic cleans up any mistakes made by Hummels when defending. Hummels is more versatile and could play in midfield so maybe he edges it especially as I see Barry as the weakest link in midfield and he's not getting any younger.

Assuming the following leave in the summer: Given, Taylor, Bridge, Lescott, Onouha, Vierra, SWP, Ade, Jo, Caicedo, Santa Cruz, Belleamy and who knows if any of these will survive the summer clear out: Logan, Vidal, M Johnson, Boyata, Cunningham and Nimely. We will have enough from the sales to go for both!

Personally I would like to see a defensive squad of Richards, Boateng, Hummels, Subotic, Coentrao, Kolarov, Zab, Boyata, Kolo but to get the missing palyers will take some doing a lot of cash and at least a top 3 finish this season

Mad 4 It said:
Personally I would like to see a defensive squad of Richards, Boateng, Hummels, Subotic, Coentrao, Kolarov, Zab, Boyata, Kolo but to get the missing palyers will take some doing a lot of cash and at least a top 3 finish this season
Have you taken your medication? Vincent Kompany is arguable the best central defender in the Premier League and you leave him out? If anyone should leave, it has to be Kolo Toure, surely?.

I agree Kompany has been the best CB in the prem this season but are you suggesting he can play every game, each season and is not going to get injured! If we want to win everything going in years to come, then we will need to shuffle the pack so to speak. There maybe a need for Komps to play in midfield from time to time e.g. when De Jong is injured.. errr like now for example. Its not just about the starting 11, its about the quality, strenghth and depth of the squad.

Mad 4 it,
You can't just go around signing the 2 best CD's on any team. I don't care if the team is in administration, talk less a team that is likely to win the league, in good financial shape and gearing up for a CL run.

More likely than not, City cannot sign any player from Dortmund. Talkless their 2 starting Center halves. Money cannot buy everything. It is not as if Dortmund has a glut of CD's that they need to rid themselves of 2! At best, a team could shake one loose. But that player must be 1) disgruntled 2) near the end of his contract 3) Dortmund must have a replacement ready to assume his position. Neither of the 2 players in question seems disgruntled, both have contracts running to at least 2014 and Dortmund has no apparent replacements for either. For crying out loud, they just put the pair together, and could have them for the next 8 years as one of the best pairings in German football.

And if they need money, they have at least 4 studly attacking players in Kagawa, Goetz, Sahin and Groebkruetz who they can sell for finance to buy a top notch striker. Truth be told it is unlikely that Dortmund will sell any of their defenders. Outside of Striker, CD is their lightest position. So it is unlikely they will sell one of their CD's talkless 2.

Even if we were to force their hand, we'd have to pay out of the nose for either one. I can see them asking for 25-28 million for either defender.

I know money is not an issue, but FFPR looms!

So think more creatively about who we can get. It certainly cannot be the 2 CD's at Dortmund! Even though I think we only need one CD. And one that is ball skilled. Personally I see Kompany as our hard CD. So aw need a Hummels, Silva, Luiz type of CD. Which excludes Subotic, Sahko and Diarra.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:20 am --<br /><br />In my humble opinion :)

Dax
You are right in what you post, but that shouldn't stop us from trying to get these players... At the end of the day money talks whether you like it or not, and Subotic of the 2 is in my opion getable! And more to the point if we don't then Chelsea, Arsenal or Man U will.

Mad 4 It said:
Dax
You are right in what you post, but that shouldn't stop us from trying to get these players... At the end of the day money talks whether you like it or not, and Subotic of the 2 is in my opion getable! And more to the point if we don't then Chelsea, Arsenal or Man U will.
Alright! Let me do the research. That said, I'd have preferred Hummels. But if Subotic is the best CD we can get, why not!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.