Cristiano Ronaldo vs Fat Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the greatest footballers of all time. If it weren't for Messi he would be like Usain Bolt is to sprinting, on a different planet. He can play on the left wing, the right wing or straight down the middle. Can shoot with both feet, scores loads of headed goals, takes free kicks, can cross or pick out a pass, can turn defenders inside out with dribbles and also has the body strength to muscle his way through a defence. He is lightening fast and on the counter attack is frightening. An athlete. At City, with him in the side we'd win the treble in his first season.

Ignore the context of the youtube clip below, and who is playing. Turn the sound down, but just watch Ronaldo. Like a one man team completely tearing Arsenal a new hole on their own ground in the CL. Not even breaking sweat, completely at ease with his art and enjoying himself. One of the best performances I have seen from a footballer since....dunno.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCfICiTDMSE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCfICiTDMSE</a>

Ronaldo. The scary thing is, the guy never truely hit his potential. That injury he got when playing for Inter, plus the infamy of the 98 WC final, really clipped his wings, but he was still head and shoulders above nearly everyone. One of the greats, Cristiano can't hold a candle to the man.

"Fat Ronaldo" as you refer to him (because he suffers from hyperthyroidism, British humour I suppose...?), because I believe without his injuries he would have done so much more. Very tough decision though and I think both deserve their place among the greats of the game.

I don't like to compare different generations.

THE Ronaldo. One of, if not the best player of all time in my opinion.

If he wasn't so unfortunate with regards to injuries i don't even think there would be a "worlds best player" debate.

sjk2008 said:
Both in their prime, who would you prefer in your team.

Fat Ronaldo for me.

agreed, he was one of the most dominant strikers ive ever watched, made world class defenders look like fools with his stepovers

Brazillian Ronaldo, he was just superb. He could have been even better if not for injuries

This is not a dig at Cristiano either, he's absolutely fantastic, second best player in the world and would walk into any team.

Ronaldo was the best player in the world for many years, if he wasn't pumped for of steroids when he was young he would have never had them serious injuries later on

Cristiano Ronaldo is a pretentious little fuck. Ronaldo is his middle name. Guess why he doesn't want to go by Aveiro? ;-). There's only ONE El Fenomeno and it's not CR7.

Ronaldo--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cristiano Ronaldo

ronaldo-brazil.jpg
02-ronaldo-crying.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.