Croatia holiday?

simonk

Ive always liked the look of it, but was generally put off by the whole war thing. But have recently heard 2 separate people say how great it is .
Anyone been and so offer advice?
I want a lazy hot relax when Im away. Villa rather than hotel with access to a pool.

I'm not sure if it was Croatia or Bulgaria where my mate at work went and he said there were a lot of Russians there that are apparently arrogant as fook .

simonk said:
Ive always liked the look of it, but was generally put off by the whole war thing. But have recently heard 2 separate people say how great it is .
Anyone been and so offer advice?
I want a lazy hot relax when Im away. Villa rather than hotel with access to a pool.
Have a look at Cavtat - great little place - prices are reasonable and you can get the boat into Dubrovnik whenever you want to. July/August it is usually very hot.

BlueHalli said:
I'm not sure if it was Croatia or Bulgaria where my mate at work went and he said there were a lot of Russians there that are apparently arrogant as fook .

Ive been to Bulgaria and there were plenty of Russians about. I didnt think much of that.
Will check Cavtat, cheers

Cavtat and Dubrovnik are beautiful places. I went a few months before the war broke out, think it was 1989 we went. The locals knew war was an inevitability and that they couldn't do anything but wait for it to happen. Seeing the old town of Dubrovnik being flattened by artillery on the tea time news night after night was heartbreaking. I haven't been back since but imagine I will do at some point. We also spent a week of that holiday down the coast in Montenegro, but can't remember the name of the town.

My abiding memory, apart from one of sadness at what followed, is of what a beautiful country/region it is.

P.S. We went late August and temps were 100c and then a bit more, though if memory serves me well that was hotter than average.

Don't know if it's of interest but on a recent poll of British males who were asked for their views on the most attractive women abroad, the winners were Croatians. Totty apparently but never been myself.

simonk said:
Weve had a look at Cavtat, and its sounds bang on.
And the most beautiful women abroad wont go unnoticed I can assure you
Cheers all

No worries mate - Jet 2 and Monarch fly from Manchester

Stayed in the Hotel Croatia in Cavtat. Great hotel in a lovely town with easy access to airport and Dubrovnik. One of our best holidays. Enjoy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.