Croatia v Brazil - Fri 9th Dec, 15:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Croatia were runners-up last time and graced a brilliant final.

Which doesn’t change the fact they were massive underdogs today.

Uk bookies had them at 9 or 10/1 and Americans had Brazil at 10/26.

Go read the first 10 pages of this thread where people are predicting a walk over and 4-0 scorelines.

But if the BBC remind everyone of what was being said 4 hours ago apparently it’s disrespectful.

Quite disrespectful of the Beeb massive shock my arse Croatia were a team Brazil were Neymar and 3 Yoonarted players ffs.
I said earlier that Croatia enacted their game plan excellently and Brazil enacted theirs very poorly.

The team who play closest to their game plan are the better team, no matter what that plan is. Whoever has more possession, shots and chances is neither here nor there.

Football games are won and lost in midfield and Modric was the best midfielder on the pitch.

The better team went through.

I didn't mean he should have been playing for Rochdale:-) just as world superstars they had a lot less great games that you would expect.

Yeah I know I just mean he didn't last long and his career turned into mush at Real he was quality at his best though.

Zidane for me is an overrated one that comes to mind, I watched him a lot at Real Madrid and believe me he was garbage most the time turned up every 8 or 9 games in La Liga, there's a reason Real failed to win titles when he was there because he let them down regularly, when I watched them Fernando Redondo (the most underrated midfielder of his generation for me) and Guti both outshone Zidane most weeks... Zidane just turned up in the massive games and has a massively inflated legacy, truth is though Platini is easily France's greatest ever player but plenty put Zidane on a pedestal as some god.

Xavi/Iniesta hybrid with strength and massive inconsistencies in his performances, way better for France than at club level and because France were an embarrassment at 2002 it gave more credence to his greatness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.