Croatia v Italy - Mon 24th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group B

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gutting for Croatia however great for city. Kovacic and gvardiol with an acceptable summers break. Anybody out in the groups can get a decent rest and crucially for those still fairly new, a good pre-season under Pep to learn before having to do it all again.
Following that logic, I would like to see a Romania v. Italy final.

Just watched game in a bar in Mainz and couldn't access WiFi or 4 g so couldn't post while game on so don't know if been said before.
The throwing of those cups on the field and surrounding area ridiculous. No way would I run on the pitch for a selfie with a player I would be gathering them cups up as every one is 3 euros back when you hand em back at concessions, people must think the 10 euro they charge for a pint is final. At England v Denmark game other day after the game without going out of my way picked 9 up off floor, 27 euros for eff all, helps that I was one of the deluded ones staying and clapping em when they came over ha ha

Commentator came out with some belters.
  • 88th minute - “the Croatians are 2 minutes away from qualifying for the play offs”.
  • Final whistle - “they will find it difficult to qualify now”.
Where do they get these pillocks from?

A last minute goal scored by Hungary looks like putting them through to next round and a last minute goal coneceded by Croatia looks like knocking them out.
Crazy isn’t it as Hungary looked dead in the water and now are nearly in the last 16

Not sure who the Croatian player was that challenged for the ball and was penalised for a foul, but rather than catching the ball and giving it straight back to the Italians, he had to thrown it away to give him team time to reorganise. That ultimately cost them as the Italians then took it quickly and Croatia were scrambling to react and close the space. A wonderful goal though.

UEFA's logic with ensuring the final group games have something at stake for entertainment is working against them (surprise surprise) as what it's actually doing is making the majority of group games very cagey. Teams know they can draw three and possibly go through, or lose 1 draw 1 and win the final game to go through. Makes it all a little bit too rewarding for mediocrity. Either increase it to 32 teams with top 2 qualifying or sack off the extra 8 teams.

Unlucky for Croatia but great result for us. Could do with Switzerland getting knocked out by Italy so we have Manu back. Looks like we have to wait a bit longer to get the bulk of the squad back though.

Gutting for Croatia however great for city. Kovacic and gvardiol with an acceptable summers break. Anybody out in the groups can get a decent rest and crucially for those still fairly new, a good pre-season under Pep to learn before having to do it all again.
So gutting. But will be interesting to see where Josko ends up with a full preseaon. Heck, at this rate we could come back and he’ll be playing behind Haaland!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.