Cry at our Midfield

KingofDraw

i want to cry after week in week out i watch the midfield get dominated by every team we face. we looked pretty good, but as usual we concede first to some stupid shit.

ireland looked good in my eyes and i feel sorry for him to get hurt.

defense was not even that bad, but we have tevez and bellamy vs the whole defense thats our problem right there. ireland went out and the midfield were shit yet again. we had no one to get us any decent chances but those 2 and ireland. barry and de jong are a bad pair for midfield. i wasnt even convinced with barry vieira.

i think its time to take some gambles on the team we put out.

KingofDraw said:
i want to cry after week in week out i watch the midfield get dominated by every team we face. we looked pretty good, but as usual we concede first to some stupid shit.

defense was not even that bad, but we have tevez and bellamy vs the whole defense thats our problem right there. ireland went out and the midfield were shit yet again. we had no one to get us any decent chances but those 2 and ireland. barry and de jong are a bad pair for midfield. i wasnt even convinced with barry vieira.

The team against fulham was more agressive without Nigel "only pass backwards" De Jong!!!<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:04 pm --<br /><br />
KingofDraw said:

The team against fulham was more agressive without Nigel "only pass backwards" De Jong!!!

KingofDraw said:

We need to buy some better quality players for the midfield next year.... SWP , and ireland can both leave if they're not happy

Barry is the weak link. Slows things down, creates nothing, doesn't do as much tackling as De Jong. He's a nothing player, jack of all trades master of none. Complete luxury for a team needing to win. Never controls games. What exactly is he in the team for?

de jong is the only one who can tackle in our midfield, ireland cant, barry either goers down or gives away a free kick patrick dead legs vieira well lets not go there.

de jong is stealing aa living, passes sideway or behind the man, breaking up vital momentum, he need dropping and selling, hes not the future, hes all thats bad about the epl, he wouldn't get in evertons team, yet the silly twat Mancini loves him.

wes said:
de jong is the only one who can tackle in our midfield, ireland cant, barry either goers down or gives away a free kick patrick dead legs vieira well lets not go there.
Before we even kicked off this season I posted on here our midfield wasn't good enough and that De Jong was crap. I think both have been proved right, De Jong is the worst player at the club, Kolo aint much better. Tonight we played both and the result was a wobbly looking back four and midfield ineffective and over run.

I don't agree with playing Barry and De Jong both in midfield together at home. We need a central midfielder who can keep the ball, is disciplined, and has very good passing and vision. I'm thinking someone like Banega, Gago, D'Agostino, they fit the bill for that. Michael Johnson would be useful for that if he wasn't always injured.

Priority on our summer shopping list, out of 1-5:

Goalkeeper (1) - Given is good enough, and Hart is very promising

Central defender (2) - Kompany and Lescott are a decent partnership, Toure and Onuoha are capable back-up

Right-back (3) - I feel we could do with a better right-back, Zabaleta is good going forwards, but lacking defensively, same with Richards

Left-back (2) - Bridge is good enough

Defensive midfielder (1) - Barry and De Jong are more than able in that department

Central midfielder (5) - The top area we need to strengthen

Attacking midfielder (3) - If Ireland doesn't replicate his 08/09 form than this is an area we should pay attention to

Right midfielder (2) - Johnson looks very promising, despite SWP's inconsistency, we're well equipped here

Left midfielder (3) - Petrov is good, but injury prone. An area we could strengthen

Forwards (1) - With Bellamy, Tevez, and possibly Robinho, we're good

Striker (2) - Adebayor and Santa Cruz are good tall strikers to have, a smaller, quicker striker might be useful though

There is absolutely zero threat from any of our midfield three. No-one breaks forward or makes the edge of the box run, it is so easy to defend against. If you stop our wingers you pretty much stop Manchester City full stop. We have the creativity of a fish in the centre of midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.