Crystal Palace about to disappear for good.

I'd hate to see any football team disappear (apart from the rags....I want them to stick around a bit longer to see us surpass them).

Must be awful not to see your team and have nothing to look forward to on a match day.

The first City game I ever saw was at home to Palace in January mid nineties can't remember the exact yr, how bad is that!? 1-1 was how it ended and we narrowly avoided relegation that year only to be relegated the following one. On the subject of Palace going out of existance, it may, pervesely be a good thing for football in a sense because it might make clubs sit up and realise that you can't run your club like shit and just take for granted the fact that if the shit hits the fan someone, somewhere will bail you out. It wouldn't happen in any other business, with exception, perhaps, for the banks!, so it shouldn't happen in football as, whether you like or not, a football club now is a business, thats the way it is. I know this is a very clinical view to take but thats business.

LukeBamford01 said:
The first City game I ever saw was at home to Palace in January mid nineties can't remember the exact yr, how bad is that!? 1-1 was how it ended and we narrowly avoided relegation that year only to be relegated the following one. On the subject of Palace going out of existance, it may, pervesely be a good thing for football in a sense because it might make clubs sit up and realise that you can't run your club like shit and just take for granted the fact that if the shit hits the fan someone, somewhere will bail you out. It wouldn't happen in any other business, with exception, perhaps, for the banks!, so it shouldn't happen in football as, whether you like or not, a football club now is a business, thats the way it is. I know this is a very clinical view to take but thats business.

I understand what you mean, but from speaking to Palace fans they had no idea of how bad things were, their Chairman made a lot of poor decisions and it affects all the fans and the team and not the man who made the mistakes. He can walk away without losing something he loves. My pal has asked any people to sign their petition to help try and save their club, it's not our problem of course but doesn't hurt to help a fellow club out in times of need. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/save-crystal-palace-football-club.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/s ... -club.html</a>

I don't think Sheffield Weds would be reinstated because Grimsby Town have applied to stay in the League if Stockport County fold. They were told by the Football League that they would not be allowed back, and that League 2 would run with 23 teams instead.

I'd expect the Football League to be consistent and do the same in the Championship if Palace did fold.

Did I just say consistent? Doh!

Shame, I have a cousin who supports the eagles. Great club, loyal fan base with good old fashioned name.

This goes beyond normal rivalry amongst clubs. These are football clubs, with fans who follow and love their teams as much as we do. Imagine how we'd feel if City just stopped existing, imagine that void it would leave in our lives. It's the same for these fans.

I hate to see clubs go the wall like this, because the only people who really suffer are the fans who support the clubs and who give up a large part of their lives either watching, talking about, saving up for etc their clubs.

It would be sad to lose a club like Crystal Palace ....... a famous old club who've been around for tthe past 105 years.

I recall us being allowed on their pitch one hot day back in 1990 with their fans , at the end of the final league game before they played the rags at Wembley ....... City got a 2-2 draw there that day , and they were brilliant with us.

But their situation now sadly looks dire ....... a real shame for loyal fans who are as devoted to their club as anyone.

29gbb5u.jpg

2mcy1qr.jpg

I remember city getting beat by them in the cup, we got hammered think it was 4-1. didnt really like them after that (i never do once we get smashed). Then the last away game there i went had good few pints before went inside looking for our seats only to get to our spots and all 4 of our seats had been ripped out of the ground. was told to stand at the back. Made the game so much better, not being told to sit down all game. After the game stopped in afew more pubs and spoke to quite afew of their fans, actually nice guys. I would hate for that to have been us. And if rumours are to be listened too, we were very very close to colapse before the take over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.