Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Not billions obviously - just whatever the cost, wages and agent's fees we need to pay to buy a truly world class central defender to partner Laporte.

I don't know why the club seems to have this stigma about paying a record transfer fee or even breaking the £80m, £90m, £100m plus barriers. The very best players cost those fees these days, so if we really want to improve we have to buy better players than we already have in some positions. If we don't, rivals will and we'll struggle in some games.

I want more seasons like the last two, not more like this one.
This could yet be one of our best seasons although I know what you are saying.

We had a great squad last season. This season the central defence is wrecked but lets see it at the end of the season.

The way he’s playing at the moment I can’t see him playing in the Euros never mind the World Cup

It's the Euro's this year? Oh yeah. He might look good against sub-par opposition for the first 3 or 4 games then.

its not a coincidence our flattest performance come when Gundogan starts in midfield. He passes sideways so much, delays on the ball and backs out of challenges (twice today) - our defence is left wide open with him in front of them -he wasnt the only problem but its a persistent problem against teams who battle (and we all know Palace are good at that) - it also has a knock on affect on KDB who is forced to come much deeper and almost sit alongside Gundogan at times picking up square passes from him - this makes him less effective as well.

Sterling is looking off the pace as well at present - seems to have lost a bit of drive/confidence or something.

Stones - does a lot right but just doesnt seem up for the battle at times...the second goal - well Zaha can do that to anyone to be fair and I think Ferna needs to sort his feet out better as well. The penalty/non penalty by stones could have gone either way and I can see both sides of the argument for and against as both players seem to step across each other at the same time so in balance its probably not a penalty but the other argument is that stones doesnt get the ball at all so could well easily go the other way.

Id like to see the rules again regarding our disallowed penalty -my memory could be wrong but i think the rules say that its not a penalty if the ball comes off another part of the body and then hits the defenders hand (which it does in this case) - i cant remember though

at least we didnt lose!

His arm was outstretched though! If it hit his foot and rebounded onto his hand, whilst on the goaline, preventing a goal... it’s not a penalty? Of course it is... All of a sudden, we have VAR overruling the referee. The ref gave the pen, so he should have reviewed it himself, at the touch line.

The rule is thus.....if it hits your hand its a handball except for when it hits your hand and then its not a handball.

Colour of shit, ref, VAR seat warmers also has a huge say in which way it goes.

Nice for Uncle Roy to get another VAR decision today like he did the other week when it sent off an Arsenal player for him as well.
I don't know the handball rule any more. If you accidentally handball the ball anywhere on the pitch and your team scores it's ruled out - i.e. Declan Rice ? If you handball the ball outside the box accidentally - regardless of natural/unnatural position of the arm, it's handball ? If the ball deflects off your (the defender's) leg to your arm in the box - which I think happened today, it's no handball ? With all the tweaks to the interpretation of the rules, I'm totally confused.

His arm was outstretched though! If it hit his foot and rebounded onto his hand, whilst on the goaline, preventing a goal... it’s not a penalty? Of course it is... All of a sudden, we have VAR overruling the referee. The ref gave the pen, so he should have reviewed it himself, at the touch line.
I'm open to your suggestion, but see my comment, below. In truth, I'm totally confused.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.